E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 535d increasing HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matson^
AND i do NOT HAVE DPF any more
Does that mean your car smokes a lot when accelerating?

Do you have visible black smoke behind the car when pressing the gas pedal?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E61 LCI 535dA SportEdition 2010

Originally Posted by mmitev
Does that mean your car smokes a lot when accelerating?

Do you have visible black smoke behind the car when pressing the gas pedal?
Not much.

You can see a little smoke, if you press the gas very quickly before turbos kicks in. And if you have driving very moderately tens/hundreds of kilometers and then kick the gas.

Here is video and picture from bimmerparty 1/4mile track.

edit. This all, only with "all in software" and you have to buy sofware which tells for the car of the DPF deletion, otherwise you get fault code on dash after driving 800km/500mile.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Members

Is this kind of gain only seen on the I6 engines? From what I've read, the Dinan remaps are only like 8HP or so increase?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Randuin
Is this kind of gain only seen on the I6 engines? From what I've read, the Dinan remaps are only like 8HP or so increase?
It's only in charged engines.
And ?35diesel is exceptional good for chip tuning because of two turbos ja quite big stock nozzles.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Members

Ah okay, thanks!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 AM
New Members

5.6 sec to 100 km/h
16(17) sec to 200 km/h

How do you like it? chip, exhaust and intercooler.

Hand made chip, not so expensive. From Russia with love.

P.S. you can send your DME to us
P.S.S. sorry for my english
Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Members

Very nice post Matson
well ok i understand, look what i wanted to do, so you tell me yourself, i can really drive like other members said to germany or slovenia or something like that and remap it there to 320-330 HP and i want to do some cool exhaust system, so it will also give it like 20 HP, so if i have 350 it should not mess anything?and can you advice some chiptunning house, i mean place where i can remap my car, and sorry for my bad english
cheers
You can safely remap your car about 320hp & 650nm, after that DPF canīt anymore handle increased amount of smoke.. I mean you canīt use all that power which you should have because exhaust pressure is to high before DPF. The end result is the same than with higher horsepower chip, but the age of the DPF and the engine is shorter.
Ok, that doesnīt immediately destroy anything, but in longer run you going to have problems with DPF and whole motor.

Gearbox can handle all that torque what you can get from the motor, just drive moderately with low rpm and anyway. I havenīt hear any gearboxes destroyed by to much of power.

I have chiped my car up to 370hp & 750nm (no one knows exactly, because dyno didnīt canīt handle than about 220kmh -> canīt use 5. gear) but the workshop which produced the programs has invented a solution to bring the power of about 400hp and 800nm .. so we'll see
AND i do NOT HAVE DPF any more
Old 01-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AljosHa
Very nice post Matson
well ok i understand, look what i wanted to do, so you tell me yourself, i can really drive like other members said to germany or slovenia or something like that and remap it there to 320-330 HP and i want to do some cool exhaust system, so it will also give it like 20 HP, so if i have 350 it should not mess anything?and can you advice some chiptunning house, i mean place where i can remap my car, and sorry for my bad english
cheers
Exhaust modifying or changing gives just sound and look, not power.. because the stock exhaust has build from 3" and 2x2" pipes, so it can easily handle all the "smoke" you can have.
Intercooler change, same thing, you get look, but not any more power.. and if you put too big cooler you going to have problems with engine temp. Best solution here is just take the orginal of, and clean it inside and outside.

= You canīt get (ok you can but itīs not reasonable) more than 320hp & 650nm without problems with DPF-filter and motor. If you want more, you have to take it off and search that kind of software who doesnīt give fault codes to dashboard.

Here in finland is just one place where you can get software like this. Other companies only can offer softwares where you canīt take DPF off.. ok they are telling dpf isnīt problem because they donīt have solution for that

Elsewhere in europe, I donīt know.. try google and search forums

.. and donīt mind about your english, try to read mine
Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

You canīt get (ok you can but itīs not reasonable) more than 320hp & 650nm without problems with DPF-filter and motor. If you want more, you have to take it off and search that kind of software who doesnīt give fault codes to dashboard.

Here in finland is just one place where you can get software like this. Other companies only can offer softwares where you canīt take DPF off.. ok they are telling dpf isnīt problem because they donīt have solution for that
Matson, why is the DPF a problem, because it limits the power output or because it gets clogged up quickly?

And there is a company in Scotland that offers a DPF removal kit, including new replacement pipe and the software solution. They sell it for like GBP 700. I can find the name if you want, they are on a large forum.

Did you do something similar with your DPF? Or just removed the actual ceramic (?) filter from the metal housing?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mmitev
Matson, why is the DPF a problem, because it limits the power output or because it gets clogged up quickly?

And there is a company in Scotland that offers a DPF removal kit, including new replacement pipe and the software solution. They sell it for like GBP 700. I can find the name if you want, they are on a large forum.

Did you do something similar with your DPF? Or just removed the actual ceramic (?) filter from the metal housing?
Yes, and in longer run itīs not good for the motor and turbos + DPF will go completely blocked quite soon.

I just take the DPF off, replaced it with straight pipes and let my ecu-tuner do rest

Quick Reply: E60 535d increasing HP