E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 535d increasing HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, first of all i want to appologize for maybe opening theme i should not do , because i did some research on board and i found some usefull posts but not so many because most of them are based for US bmws and 535i , so i have question, i have bmw 535d 2005 year 200kw, i want to get for him like 60 HP or even more if possible, but without risking that turbo or something stop working, cos who ever i ask in personal life everyone have other opinion, people are not enough skilled at my area, so i need to ask here.
Thanks in front, A
Old 01-22-2011, 09:37 AM
AJH
Members

Nitrous oxide
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AljosHa
Hello, first of all i want to appologize for maybe opening theme i should not do , because i did some research on board and i found some usefull posts but not so many because most of them are based for US bmws and 535i , so i have question, i have bmw 535d 2005 year 200kw, i want to get for him like 60 HP or even more if possible, but without risking that turbo or something stop working, cos who ever i ask in personal life everyone have other opinion, people are not enough skilled at my area, so i need to ask here.
Thanks in front, A
You need a simple remap.
Put "diesel remap" in the search function and all discussions with European members will come up.
There are multiples companies in Germany and the UK that do this.
It will cost you between 500 and 1000 EUR, depending on the quality of the shop.
You can get from Banja Luka to Germany in a day, do the remap the next morning and come back. That's how I would do it.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

Local shop in Denmark did a DimSport (Italian company) remap for me and the car flies.... And has better mileage.

I recently needed my turbo cleaned and I understand from experts that remapping does make matters worse; however I ascribe the problem to a long drive with a caravan in tow, coupled with 2 tankfulls of diesel with 7% biodiesel additive. Going forward I will regularly be adding a cleaning additive when I refuel, and I will use a stronger one when I tow a caravan, and then I believe I will be fine.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d -08 lots of goodies 120dA -06

There is a Polish company called V-tech that is quite popular on the Swedish boards i frequent, they might have something local to you, try http://vtechtuning.eu/ for more information.

NavarroOne: I thought you guys had proper Diesel fuel in Danmark, or did you go to Sweden and fill up on our crap?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

It was Italian vegetable juice
Old 01-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Nocrapplease

Have a proper remap, from a tried and tested company, before getting it done, I would recommend adding a fuel cleaner to your fuel, and do this a couple if times, followed by an engine flush, oil change and breather filter change, you will be surprised the difference this will make to the running if your car, then get it remapped, once done it will be like driving a different car home
Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Members

tnx a lot to all you who answered here
il do the same, il remap it, i should anyway go to some trip soon so il visit some trusted shop for remapping
il also do oil change filter and fuel cleaner, it makes sense
cheers
Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Members

I got mine remapped about 8 months ago and so far have had no problems. The bhp is currently at 343bhp but the one thing to watch is the torque, go too high on the torque and it will destroy the autobox.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E61 LCI 535dA SportEdition 2010

You can safely remap your car about 320hp & 650nm, after that DPF canīt anymore handle increased amount of smoke.. I mean you canīt use all that power which you should have because exhaust pressure is to high before DPF. The end result is the same than with higher horsepower chip, but the age of the DPF and the engine is shorter.
Ok, that doesnīt immediately destroy anything, but in longer run you going to have problems with DPF and whole motor.

Gearbox can handle all that torque what you can get from the motor, just drive moderately with low rpm and anyway. I havenīt hear any gearboxes destroyed by to much of power.

I have chiped my car up to 370hp & 750nm (no one knows exactly, because dyno didnīt canīt handle than about 220kmh -> canīt use 5. gear) but the workshop which produced the programs has invented a solution to bring the power of about 400hp and 800nm .. so we'll see
AND i do NOT HAVE DPF any more

Quick Reply: E60 535d increasing HP