E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DSC sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

When I shift from first to second and EVEN second to third, the DSC blinks and I get a tremendous lag in power. MUCH worse than a turbo lag. I switched it off and kept the traction control on and voila, I can freely launch the car with a chirp and change gears with a slight chirp. No lag in power.

But DSC is a real life saver in the rain and I reccommend keeping it on in the rain.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='884481' date='May 20 2009, 01:30 PM
When I shift from first to second and EVEN second to third, the DSC blinks and I get a tremendous lag in power. MUCH worse than a turbo lag. I switched it off and kept the traction control on and voila, I can freely launch the car with a chirp and change gears with a slight chirp. No lag in power.

But DSC is a real life saver in the rain and I reccommend keeping it on in the rain.
Slow down your shifts!! on wet roads I sometimes turn on the DTC so I can get going. With the RF tires you loose traction as soon as you give it a little gas, especially on wet roads.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Just get a 530 like me. Then you really won't go anywhere when you slam on the gas regardless of DSC / DTC / MPG / DDP / and POD! Whatever that means.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Change tyres...

Edit: or do you have 6MT?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

hmmm maybe there is something wrong with my clutch, but no matter what i cant make it chirp, i was under the impression that it was the self adjusting clutch...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Are you sure its the DSC that's blinking or the DTC? DSC will flash on when you slide sideways DTC will flash when your wheels start to spin as you describe. Both functions will reduce the throttle though, I had this happen today when I forgot to switch DTC off (or as some would say turning on DTC mode ).

I put my foot down and initially get thrust into my seat, then power drops off, I'm still pressing down on the pedal and it feels like the engine is just disconnected, then gradually the revs build again but not as dramatically as my continuing foot movement towards the floor.

Turn press the DTC button and everything behaves as expected (chirping tires , big grin , smell of rubber )
Old 05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Members

I had the same problem as you then I shut off my DSC. Now I'm gonna need rear tires soon
Old 05-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Contributors

DSC has saved me in the rain with run flats. I would be nervous in my car without it and i am a far better driver then 99% of people. i always leave it on in the rain.

edit: thought about it, i wouldnt be nervous, but i would have to be much more cautious.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I have 6 MT. leave it on in the rain, turn it off in the dry. I tried DSC in the rain and it doesnt suck. I loved it. I can floor it and turn it nasty and it keeps it turning very nicely. Only tried i once to see how it will react in case i need it.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='885339' date='May 21 2009, 09:26 AM
I have 6 MT.
Learn to drive then: my SMG (that is quicker than from factory) is faster than you in upshifting and it spins from 1st to 2nd just when rear tyres are finished.

When you pass to next gear, you have to leave the gas

Quick Reply: DSC sucks