E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Driver cupholder

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy,

Anyone out there having problems with the driver's side cupholder? It is very hard to get open and doesn't seem to hold any sort of container well, no matter how heavy - they always want to pop back out. I'm on my second one and it seems to be worse than the first! What makes matters worse is that the passenger cupholder works just fine!

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have the same experience.. In both cupholders I have problems with cans and small bottles. If I put a coke can in there it is hanging backwards and isn't hold very solid by the cupholder. I don't dare to push harder because I'm scared something will brake..

Maybe someone can show us how a can should fit in their..
Old 08-24-2004, 01:01 PM
JDN
Contributors

I really like my cup holders. They work fine. I will try to post three JPEGs I just took. You have to remember that I suffered through eight years of #39 cup holders. :'(
Attached Thumbnails Driver cupholder-cup2.jpg  
Old 08-24-2004, 01:02 PM
JDN
Contributors

Sigh. Will take 3 messages.
Attached Thumbnails Driver cupholder-cup1.jpg  
Old 08-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

You're cans are fitted normally.. I'll try and see to make pictures tomorrow.. btw you have a dirty white mark on your left cupholder..
Old 08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
JDN
Contributors

I carry these two pretty big thermos bottles loaded with coffee with fresh ground beans. This supply will last me most of the morning. Have never spilled one.
Attached Thumbnails Driver cupholder-cup3.jpg  
Old 08-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Wow!!! Those cans are hughe!! Very impressive!!!
Btw. You drink a lot of coffee man! If I drink that much I am on the toilet all morning hahahaha
Old 08-24-2004, 01:14 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 24 2004, 04:03 PM
You're cans are fitted normally.. I'll try and see to make pictures tomorrow.. btw you have a dirty white mark on your left cupholder..
You're right. Interesting. It is not noticeable in the garage lighting so I took a "torch" and there it was. The camera flash picked it up. Before I cleaned it up, I got to wondering what it was and maybe there is a tip that can help those who are having hard luck with breakage.

That spot is the sweet spot for closing the left cup holder without stress. Pushed straight in from that spot will avoid any bind. I guess I have been doing it for four and a half months with my index finger without realizing it. Repeated use left the mark.

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 24 2004, 04:06 PM
If I drink that much I am on the toilet all morning hahahaha
You have to train the old bladder.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Contributors

In my case not only the bladder..

Quick Reply: Driver cupholder