E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: OPTIONS
Option 1- Keep them as is. MATTE BLACK FACE w/ Matte black lip
21.43%
Option 2- MATTE BLACK FACE w/ GLOSS BLACK LIP (powder coat the surrounding rivets gloss black)
47.62%
Option 3- BRUSHED ALUMINUM lip (try to achieve the same look as Laidback's tinted lip) and keep the FACE MATTE BLACK
14.29%
Option 4- See if they can achieve the glossy brushed aluminum look on the face similar to these Interads, but do the tinted Matte brushed aluminum lip similar to Laidback's.
16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

DPE ST 10 test fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wat up jr congrats on the new wheel, otion 4 is the best i think!!
my wheels is being painted like that color as we speak, still on the fence if i wanted to keep my gloss black lip! good luck bradah!!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by jg525i
wat up jr congrats on the new wheel, otion 4 is the best i think!!
my wheels is being painted like that color as we speak, still on the fence if i wanted to keep my gloss black lip! good luck bradah!!
Hey Justin, thanks man. So you're having the face of your wheels brushed down and doing a gloss black lip? There's so many options out there Its hard to choose. Reason why I like the brushed matte silver lip like Chris' car is simply because I've had black/ gunmetal wheels for the longest time. Im wondering if a lighter color wheel would looks nice. Imma let this thread simmer for a couple days and then make my final choice. In the meantime here's another photo from a different angle. The matte on matte don't look bad at all.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

^^ hey jr gloss black face with brushed aluminum lip will look good on your car color, as suppose to my mystic blue its even harder to match it with, my HRE's are getting refinished next week and a lot of my bodywork is being customized as well, will keep you posted bradah! either way you can't go wrong but you just need to decide on the lip color.. good luck my friend
Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

Originally Posted by devildawg712
This is my favorite e60 picture (p.s. my lock screen on my iphone is one of your pictures from your for sale thread when you had the roof rack on. just thought I'd let you know your car is inspirational lol)

As for the wheels I say option 2, I like the glossy contrast which you will see more at certain angles, and from the side youll see the wheels as mostly matte but with gloss accents like your car
Old 02-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i

WOW!!! That's a nice picture!! That's the look I've been looking for and I finally found it. Are you using spacers? Thanks again!!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jg525i
^^ hey jr gloss black face with brushed aluminum lip will look good on your car color, as suppose to my mystic blue its even harder to match it with, my HRE's are getting refinished next week and a lot of my bodywork is being customized as well, will keep you posted bradah! either way you can't go wrong but you just need to decide on the lip color.. good luck my friend
Thanks man. Im kinda toying around with the thought of doing some major modding again, but for now I just want to get the wheels, drop and fitment down. At the moment Im running on some stock 166's and it's killing me to look so ordinary.

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
This is my favorite e60 picture (p.s. my lock screen on my iphone is one of your pictures from your for sale thread when you had the roof rack on. just thought I'd let you know your car is inspirational lol)

As for the wheels I say option 2, I like the glossy contrast which you will see more at certain angles, and from the side youll see the wheels as mostly matte but with gloss accents like your car
Thanks man. You're making me blush.

Originally Posted by Rosl8m
WOW!!! That's a nice picture!! That's the look I've been looking for and I finally found it. Are you using spacers? Thanks again!!
No spacers.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Wow, the new wheels and OEM M5 bumper really put your mods to perfection!

Is the car still for sale?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

Love it bro, looks amazing! Nicest wheels i've seen on an E60 modded, DPE
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

GLOSS.
As a guy who had a matte car, the gloss really sets it off. It compliments the car and breaks up the matte theme just the perfect amount. I wanted these wheels. You beat me to them lol. I had full plans of refinishing them gloss black for my pending color change on the BEAST. Either way it's a solid WIN. Looks great man!
(thanks again for those badges btw. Still loving those, tho the front one got ruined by vandals :/)
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
GLOSS.
As a guy who had a matte car, the gloss really sets it off. It compliments the car and breaks up the matte theme just the perfect amount. I wanted these wheels. You beat me to them lol. I had full plans of refinishing them gloss black for my pending color change on the BEAST. Either way it's a solid WIN. Looks great man!
(thanks again for those badges btw. Still loving those, tho the front one got ruined by vandals :/)
Yea,

I already have a vague image of how it will look since my Vertini's had a matte face and a gloss black lip. The lip just wasn't as large obviously. Well who knows. I might hold onto these for a year and sell them. I only had my Vertinis for 10 months and they're gone.

Hope insurance ends up handling all the issues with your car and I definitely hope the authorities handle those jerks who decided that since they couldn't afford something nice they would take it upon themselves to ruin other people's property.

Quick Reply: DPE ST 10 test fit