E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: OPTIONS
Option 1- Keep them as is. MATTE BLACK FACE w/ Matte black lip
21.43%
Option 2- MATTE BLACK FACE w/ GLOSS BLACK LIP (powder coat the surrounding rivets gloss black)
47.62%
Option 3- BRUSHED ALUMINUM lip (try to achieve the same look as Laidback's tinted lip) and keep the FACE MATTE BLACK
14.29%
Option 4- See if they can achieve the glossy brushed aluminum look on the face similar to these Interads, but do the tinted Matte brushed aluminum lip similar to Laidback's.
16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

DPE ST 10 test fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Well,

As some of you may already know I was the lucky guy to pick up Eric's (Praisethelowered) wheels. Eric has been great throughout the entire process of getting the wheels touched up prior to shipment during his heavy workload and I just want to thank him for that. Unfortunately, he's got an added responsibility to deal with due to FedEx ruining the finish on the lips during the shipping process. A claim has been filed and we're awaiting for the decision from the claims department. The representative FedEx sent came to my house today and assessed the damage on the wheels. He annotated in his report that the wheels did in fact have a substantial amount of damage however, since he is not an actual employee of FedEx, any specific questions I had regarding the claim were pretty much left unanswered. The exciting part is that I'll be dropping the entire set off at Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara either tomorrow or the day after to get the ball rolling on. I'm contemplating whether or not I'm going to keep everything as is or change it up.

I slapped the wheels on this afternoon just to get a feeler for how they look. Right now it's sitting on Sport Suspension with H&R sport springs. I recently purchased a set of Ksports from Michael at Acute and Sonic MS will be installing them and doing a good reroll of my fenders as soon as the wheels come back.

Feel free to vote or just give me your opinion on how the wheels should be redone. All feedback is appreciated. Good or bad. Fine by me. I'll still decide what I ultimately want to do, but it would be nice to hear your thoughts.

Option 1- Keep them as is. MATTE BLACK FACE w/ Matte black lip

Option 2 - MATTE BLACK FACE w/ GLOSS BLACK LIP (powder coat the surrounding rivets gloss black)
NO PIC

Option 3- BRUSHED ALUMINUM lip (try to achieve the same look as Laidback's tinted lip) and keep the FACE MATTE BLACK

Option 4- See if they can achieve the glossy brushed aluminum look on the face similar to these Interads, but do the tinted Matte brushed aluminum lip similar to Laidback's.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: [N62]

Congrats! Need some glossiness since your whole car is matte-colored.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Contributors

Love the new wheels. For color, I'd say matte black face and gloss black lip.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Members

Voted 1. No need for gloss.

Now if you could just install some product that would coat the outside of the windows in a thin matte film you'd be set. Come down some distance on the front windshield and then everything else could be matte.

Not like the opaque office window stuff, something you could clearly see through but didn't reflect outside light like the glossy windows do...
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
Voted 1. No need for gloss.

Now if you could just install some product that would coat the outside of the windows in a thin matte film you'd be set. Come down some distance on the front windshield and then everything else could be matte.

Not like the opaque office window stuff, something you could clearly see through but didn't reflect outside light like the glossy windows do...
LOL? I think you are the first person to ever suggest that to me. I actually have gloss accents throughout the entire car so the matte window idea wouldn't really flow. Thanks for the suggestion tho
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i

Hey whats the size of your wheels and offsets? The car looks awesome! I've been following you on the forum. I'm in Sac and purchased a 2007 550i. Thanks
Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Contributors

The more I look at the options. I'm leaning towards Option 4 color scheme. You should do the exact color instead of the lip like Laidback's though.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

I voted option 4.. no chrome lip? anyways your car looks very nice! good luck!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rosl8m
Hey whats the size of your wheels and offsets? The car looks awesome! I've been following you on the forum. I'm in Sac and purchased a 2007 550i. Thanks
Thanks man.

20x9.5 et14
20x11 et16

tires
225/35/20
255/30/20
Old 02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
The more I look at the options. I'm leaning towards Option 4 color scheme. You should do the exact color instead of the lip like Laidback's though.

I thought about that too, but I just wasn't too sure about that scheme of the brushed face and gloss lip. It's still in the back of my head tho.

Originally Posted by Tru5g
I voted option 4.. no chrome lip? anyways your car looks very nice! good luck!

Nah, no chrome lip. Maybe like a hyper silver. Not sure. I just don't think chrome would look good at all paired with the matte paint. Thanks for the votes.

Quick Reply: DPE ST 10 test fit