E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hay everyone,

for ages the plain cream door cards have always been too much cream to be honest and seen as the dash us cream and black and i swapped my centre arm rest from cream to black i decided time to attack the door cards.

Now be aware this is what i have been doing for the past 4 hours!!! 1 door card only ok so i took my time and also had a few wrong tools as there no electric in my garage (converting it to a room) so i had to make to with what i could find

i picked up a set of 4 black door cards didn't care what trim just black and got all 4 for £100 collected sweet

next you take the existing door card off in this is am showing passenger front.

you undo screw nearest the hinge then the star screw behind the abs label trim
then pull off from bottom and up disconnecting speaker puddle light airbag door handle door pin and window switch then the whole thing is off and in your hand takes 10 mins tops

next flip it over and take the 4 star screws out the air bag and put all to 1 side
then undo the metal frame in the middle and put to one side
now you can remove the speaker
undo the remaining nuts that hold the handle assy in

now the crap bit the centre trim piece and the bottom door bin is plastic welded in or something any way its not removable you need to snap all the bits of the back holding the trims on see pics and tool i used

now i am trying to decide on my favourite combo i think i chose the bottom one... please make comments and no picking on me cause i got hurt doing this to night lol

injury pic ( got to type all day at work tomorrow oh nooo)

DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1347.jpg

here is front with all trim removed
DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1329.jpg

and rear the holes are where the plastic modled clips were

DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1330.jpg

here are all the bits that i hat to prise/snap off to get the trim bits off
and the tool i used
DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1334.jpg

this is the old door card with the unwanted trim off the new black door cards

DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-old-cards-unwanted-trim.jpg

this is first design
DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1340.jpg

and this my fav i think ( cream switches cream handle, black speaker grill (requires snapping on the rear and glueing on the new one) and black air bag badge

DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-keep.jpg
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

It actually looks kinda cool. But won't it look kinda funny with the rest of the interior all beige? I'm guessing that others won't like the look, but I think it adds character to a plain interior (I have the same beige interior). Just my 2c. Keep us posted.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Members

bit more info

i have the b piller trims from the floor piece to the top piece where the front seat belts come out from in black.

black centre console and the dash is black with cream bottom. i also have black floor mats

i plan to wrap the window switches and back of the handle where your hand cups hold to pull the door shut (you dont see it much but being cream gets grubby) in black carbon fibre di-noc 3m stuff and the handle silver trim in the silver dinoc carbon stuff as to the dash silver trims. and the centre console silver trim and black plastics on steering wheel in the black carbon di noc. i have the silver i drive knob with black leather top and black gear and hand break gaiters with cream stitching.

also the horrible cream plastics around the doors are wrapped matte black

will get some pics when its all done, hopefully it don't look stupid when its done lol got to be different ay
Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nice! Plus points for creativity and doing something unique. Can't wait to see the whole interior pics.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Members

almost done now been busy! need some new mats and the trim wrapping still... btw this is defiantly not a weekend job it takes ages

thanks for looking
Attached Thumbnails DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1373.jpg   DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1370.jpg   DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1385.jpg   DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1374.jpg   DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1379.jpg  

DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1380.jpg   DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1382.jpg   DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1383.jpg   DOOR CARDS MODIFICATIONS-imag1369edit.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Looks fantastic. Really worth the effort. If you want to go nuts and finish the look, add some black inserts in the seats.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! What's that ///M on the trunk?!?! Huh?!

Nice doors and dash. I would try to get the black suede headliner (besides, it's better than just having that M on the trunk anyway )

Keep up the good work
Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sublime
Looks fantastic. Really worth the effort. If you want to go nuts and finish the look, add some black inserts in the seats.
+1 that will finish the look perfectly.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Members

what do we mean by seat inserts?

u really dont like the black m on the boot do u lol
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by matttytn2
what do we mean by seat inserts?
I meant the inner part of the seat.