E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DoingItRight: Build Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by DoingItRight
Thank you! The roof has some damage on it and needs to be resprayed so i figured might as well paint it black. I'm familiar with vinyl and had few of my previous vehicles roofs wrapped but on the bimmer, i'm not really concerned with the resale value due to having many younger cousins in my family who buy all my cars from me after i get bored with them lol
btw, how do you post pictures on here? i tried through flickr but it didnt work..

Hmm interesting... do u have a link to the retrofitting? Is it as simple as taking out an old bulb and installing the new one? And honestly, i know the oem bulbs are 4300k but mine look pretty damn blue still.. more like 5 or 6k maybe because my car only has 30000 miles on it..

I have to make the DIY still...I think I'm one of the only people who have done the retrofit. Its a little more involved then just swapping bulbs..you need to tap a couple wires and drill a small hole. Its pretty easy though....maybe 1-2 hours worth of work maximum but totally worth it.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Welcome to the forums! Looks like you've got a great list of mods so far. I can almost guarantee that you will be adding to it. Modding is so addicting. Please do post pics when you get it all figured out. Send me a pm if you need help with it.

Aaron
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 AM
New Members

Hi

Like what you have planned for the car so will be keeping an eye on your progress HID fogs is a must first mod I done when I got my E60
Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoingItRight
Thank you! The roof has some damage on it and needs to be resprayed so i figured might as well paint it black. I'm familiar with vinyl and had few of my previous vehicles roofs wrapped but on the bimmer, i'm not really concerned with the resale value due to having many younger cousins in my family who buy all my cars from me after i get bored with them lol btw, how do you post pictures on here?
ah okay that makes sense. Then painting is the way to go.

I usually upload pics to Flickr and then just use the IMG BBcode on here to include the image within a post. You just need to make sure to link to the actual image and not the Flickr page.

Originally Posted by Kaizen
I can almost guarantee that you will be adding to it. Modding is so addicting.
+1 I came here to just change my angel eyes and ended up spending way too much money. lol
Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MORI3L
I have to make the DIY still...I think I'm one of the only people who have done the retrofit. Its a little more involved then just swapping bulbs..you need to tap a couple wires and drill a small hole. Its pretty easy though....maybe 1-2 hours worth of work maximum but totally worth it.
That doesnt sound bad at all. Will be definitely doing that soon. BTW how do you like the DDM ballasts? any flickering issues? or codes?

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Welcome to the forums! Looks like you've got a great list of mods so far. I can almost guarantee that you will be adding to it. Modding is so addicting. Please do post pics when you get it all figured out. Send me a pm if you need help with it.

Aaron
Thank you! And yes, when i was got the car, the plan was to keep it stock since it is my daily vehicle BUT i can not drive a car without customizing it. I will post pictures of my show car that i had before i bought the bimmer.

Originally Posted by chris_marron535
Hi

Like what you have planned for the car so will be keeping an eye on your progress HID fogs is a must first mod I done when I got my E60
Yeahh ordering HIDs in a few days when i figure out the color i want

Originally Posted by iamnatio
ah okay that makes sense. Then painting is the way to go.

I usually upload pics to Flickr and then just use the IMG BBcode on here to include the image within a post. You just need to make sure to link to the actual image and not the Flickr page.

+1 I came here to just change my angel eyes and ended up spending way too much money. lol
Yeahh as they say: "you want to play, you gotta pay"
Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Members

here is the car when i dropped it off at the shop "before"
stay tuned for "after" pictures
Attached Thumbnails DoingItRight: Build Thread.-photo.jpg   DoingItRight: Build Thread.-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Contributors

Nice list of mods. Can't wait to see everything installed.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Nice list of mods. Can't wait to see everything installed.

Thanks, im actually getting so inpatient.. cant wait to get it back!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Me either!! I wanna see what those mods would look like on my car since we got the same car!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Members

teaser pic!

DoingItRight: Build Thread.-photo.jpg

Quick Reply: DoingItRight: Build Thread.