E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan Stage Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats
Thumbs up

So Im thinking of tuning my 545i up a bit. I don't want to do any ECU removals/mails and Powerchip thus isn't an option. Whatever I do needs to be BMW Approved and not void any warranties or fry any parts that BMW can't replace as part of the original owner warranty extension...

That essentially leaves me with the Dinan Upgrades. I was looking at the Stage I SW and the CAI but don't know how much of a difference that will truly make. Does the car actually feel different or are the mods just blips on a dyno chart? My goal is to get more power, torque out of the engine - stuff that I can feel in day to day driving, not drag racing or hwy flying.

Any ideas, reccs? Advice, as always, is appreciated....

Old 01-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

feels a lot better. throttle response greatly improved. my butt dyno didnt feel anything tho but driveablility improved
Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Dinan 5 2006 X3 1983 SL380

Originally Posted by subarashi' post='777541' date='Jan 26 2009, 10:54 AM
So Im thinking of tuning my 545i up a bit. I don't want to do any ECU removals/mails and Powerchip thus isn't an option. Whatever I do needs to be BMW Approved and not void any warranties or fry any parts that BMW can't replace as part of the original owner warranty extension...

That essentially leaves me with the Dinan Upgrades. I was looking at the Stage I SW and the CAI but don't know how much of a difference that will truly make. Does the car actually feel different or are the mods just blips on a dyno chart? My goal is to get more power, torque out of the engine - stuff that I can feel in day to day driving, not drag racing or hwy flying.

Any ideas, reccs? Advice, as always, is appreciated....

I have an 04 - 545I and went with the S package. Made a big difference to me and love it - Fully warranted by BMW. Just be aware that some dealers are choosing to drop Dinan because of the new BMW performance products that are starting to hit the market.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Contributors

do it! Dinan is a nice tune, you'll def feels the results. but keep in mind Dinan isn't the most aggressive, so there are other options with better numbers.

good luck.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

Did you guys add the S package and go with everything OR simply do the SW upgrade, +/- the CAI, etc... Im not looking for suspension changes [teh sway bars etc don't really matter to me]. Just pure butt dyno action, as someone called it!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Contributors

i only added the S3 tune.

as far as suspension upgrade, what exactly are you looking to do? track the car or simply looking to lower it while trying to maintain the ride quality?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Dinan 545i

I have an '04/545i and got the Dinan S package done over the holidays.
I think most folks who got the same are far from regretting their choice - I happened to love what Dinan has done for my car.
I got the 'peace of mind' that comes from Dinan refinement and ongoing support, should anything go wrong (Morgan Hill facility is 15 minutes from my house).

I don't think you'll regret your decision with whichever tune you choose, but in doing so, 'peace of mind' is something to consider and with Dinan, you can't go wrong.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Members

I can speak to it as I did the Software download 3 weeks ago. It was worth it. Throttle response is much inproved and the car overall runs smoother but more aggressive! It may sound odd but it seems that way. I feel the car has awesome power but this makes it better and with the 15% rebate its worth it. Dinan stuff is great, costly but I have never regretted it.

Im considering the Dinan Exhaust, costly about 500 bucks more then a Remus. I have heard they sound simular.

Steve
Old 01-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

Originally Posted by Steveadp' post='777847' date='Jan 26 2009, 04:40 PM
I can speak to it as I did the Software download 3 weeks ago. It was worth it. Throttle response is much inproved and the car overall runs smoother but more aggressive! It may sound odd but it seems that way. I feel the car has awesome power but this makes it better and with the 15% rebate its worth it. Dinan stuff is great, costly but I have never regretted it.

Im considering the Dinan Exhaust, costly about 500 bucks more then a Remus. I have heard they sound simular.

Steve

15% rebate? Please, do tell...
Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by exx1976' post='778431' date='Jan 27 2009, 11:47 AM
15% rebate? Please, do tell...
http://www.dinancars.com/bmw/specials

here ya go!

Quick Reply: Dinan Stage Upgrade