E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Red face

For the E60 530i Dinan has introduced an improved flywheel.

But for $1,995 plus labor?
Old 03-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

What's that flywheel for? <_<
Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 02 E46 M3

ok word of advice, DO NOT BUY DINAN PRODUCTS!!!! let me tell u why:
1.)it is claimed that they r dealer authorized, WRONG!!!! the dealer hates them just as much as other aftermarket parts and they r not bmw authorized, it is backed by a warranty from dinan which is almost as good as BMW warranty.
2.)if you get any other aftermarket company, a. its cheaper b. its prob better and c. the dealer wont know about it unless u tell them.
3.)with dinan parts once u get it on the car the dealer and BMW know about it, and there is a lil comment window for whenever they look up ur VIN # it shows u have dinan parts or had dinan parts and ruins resale value and voids ur warranty.

hope that helps

ps-<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>DINAN SUCKS!!!!</span> :thumbsdown:
Old 03-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

Evidently you've had a bad experience. My dealer (The BMW Store) is the largest dealer in the Midwest, and advertises that they are a 'Certified Dinan Installer' in a large plaque above the service desk. If they install a Dinan part, it does not void the standard BMW warantee. The service technician I spoke with said he had not seen a defective Dinan part in 5 years.

Do you think your experience could be due to a poor installer/dealer?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Mar 16 2005, 04:00 PM
Evidently you've had a bad experience.? My dealer (The BMW Store) is the largest dealer in the Midwest, and advertises that they are a 'Certified Dinan Installer' in a large plaque above the service desk.? If they install a Dinan part, it does not void the standard BMW warantee.? The service technician I spoke with said he had not seen a defective Dinan part in 5 years.

[snapback]102436[/snapback]
i havent had any bad experience with the actual part, i loved my dinan exhaust on my M3, but y dont you ask your dealer to trade ur car in, or go to another dealer and you will be on my side about this. Dinan even states that their parts voids the factory warranty on that part and they back with their own warranty which they claim is the equivalent to BMW warranty.Dinan mods-picture_2.jpg
Old 03-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Members

Also another thing, their parts are overpriced for what u get, and their software is not that great. the software they use is not the optimal software for the car, if u were to get another software for exampe: powerchips or eurobahn, then it would be undetecable and also free upgrades. not only that but when u do remove it off the car the warranty on the dme or wutever part u replace with aftermarket is back into action. but with dinan even if u remove the part the warranty is still void from BMW, and its in the BMW computer in the comment window, so there is no way around it. trust me, Dinan is way over rated, over priced, and ruins resale value and warranty.

o wait i almost forgot, once u have a dinan part installed on ur car and even if it is removed from the car, the car can not be certified by a BMW dealer as a certified preowned vehichle.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Mar 16 2005, 04:00 PM
Evidently you've had a bad experience.? My dealer (The BMW Store) is the largest dealer in the Midwest, and advertises that they are a 'Certified Dinan Installer' in a large plaque above the service desk.? If they install a Dinan part, it does not void the standard BMW warantee.? The service technician I spoke with said he had not seen a defective Dinan part in 5 years.

You are incorrect about the warranty. Read your warranty that came with the car. You will find nothing about Dinan mods being covered. Nothing the dealer tells you can modify your warranty with BMWNA...remember they are just a dealer and not BMW. Dinan claims they will step in if BMW will not cover you, but there have been many cases of finger pointing and the customer being left holding the bag....you can find posts on this topic many places.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Guest_530iii_*

Talking

Just so you guys know this was an FYI thing i'm not endorsing their products.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Question

Originally Posted by RydeWitM3' date='Mar 16 2005, 06:44 PM
[quote name='wolverine' date='Mar 16 2005, 04:00 PM']Evidently you've had a bad experience.? My dealer (The BMW Store) is the largest dealer in the Midwest, and advertises that they are a 'Certified Dinan Installer' in a large plaque above the service desk.? If they install a Dinan part, it does not void the standard BMW warantee.? The service technician I spoke with said he had not seen a defective Dinan part in 5 years.

i havent had any bad experience with the actual part, i loved my dinan exhaust on my M3, but y dont you ask your dealer to trade ur car in, or go to another dealer and you will be on my side about this. Dinan even states that their parts voids the factory warranty on that part and they back with their own warranty which they claim is the equivalent to BMW warranty.Attachment 5785
[snapback]102495[/snapback]
[/quote]

When is someone coming out with a cold air intake for our 545i's?

Well, thanks for the bulletin.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TitaniumGray5' date='Mar 16 2005, 07:40 PM
[quote name='wolverine' date='Mar 16 2005, 04:00 PM']Evidently you've had a bad experience.? My dealer (The BMW Store) is the largest dealer in the Midwest, and advertises that they are a 'Certified Dinan Installer' in a large plaque above the service desk.? If they install a Dinan part, it does not void the standard BMW warantee.? The service technician I spoke with said he had not seen a defective Dinan part in 5 years.

You are incorrect about the warranty. Read your warranty that came with the car. You will find nothing about Dinan mods being covered. Nothing the dealer tells you can modify your warranty with BMWNA...remember they are just a dealer and not BMW. Dinan claims they will step in if BMW will not cover you, but there have been many cases of finger pointing and the customer being left holding the bag....you can find posts on this topic many places.
[snapback]102526[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. Are you saying that you will 'void' the warranty if you install a Dinan part? OK, there is nothing in the BMW warranty about Dinan mods being covered. What conclusion do you draw from this? There is nothing in the BMW warranty about aftermarket wheels either, but installing a proper set of aftermarket wheels will not void the warranty.

I was relaying verbatim what the technician at the BMW Store told me. If they install the Dinan part, they will continue to honor your full warranty from BMW. If you don't believe them, or you think they are incorrect, feel free to give them a call. Installing aftermarket parts will always involve a risk that the dealer will not honor the warranty. That's why I would suggest that anyone thinking of installing a Dinan part should check with their dealer about warranty coverage.

If you read the warranty carefully, and are familiar with the law, you will understand that simply installing an aftermarket part does not 'void' the warranty. If the part you have installed can be argued to have caused a failure, or if the part itself fails, then you have a problem. Also, a dealer can say plenty to 'modify' your warranty with BMW. They are the first ones who determine what does and what doesn't fall under warranty. If they tell you they won't cover it, then you do have a problem.