E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan Cold Air Intake for 550i

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone -

I'm looking to see if anyone knows a place to get the Dinan CAI for the 550i at a better price than retail. I know a few months ago a dealer in CA was offering it at a very good price, but when I called they were all gone.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by heavymike3' post='673615' date='Sep 19 2008, 08:26 PM
Hi Everyone -

I'm looking to see if anyone knows a place to get the Dinan CAI for the 550i at a better price than retail. I know a few months ago a dealer in CA was offering it at a very good price, but when I called they were all gone.

Thanks for the help!
what price? curious..? and i think dinan doesnt void your warranty or lease... correct me if im wrong... pm me
Old 09-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by melimel' post='673903' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:54 AM
what price? curious..? and i think dinan doesnt void your warranty or lease... correct me if im wrong... pm me
Anyone???
Old 11-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Members

Anyone???
Old 11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

No Dinan Parts don't void your BMW warranty. They are more or less considered BMW parts if you are leasing the vehicle (this is what my dealer told me).

Why don't you buy through your dealer providing they are an authorized Dinan dealer. It would help your relationship with the dealer if you ever had a problem with the car or Dinan part. Especially if your leasing. You buy from them, they are more likely to not tag you for any problems or overlook things. "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" mentality. Whenever you buy from the dealer servicing your vehicle, they seem to treat you better and offer more, in my experience and opinion.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TX-T.Silver' post='734423' date='Nov 29 2008, 07:13 PM
No Dinan Parts don't void your BMW warranty. They are more or less considered BMW parts if you are leasing the vehicle (this is what my dealer told me).

Why don't you buy through your dealer providing they are an authorized Dinan dealer. It would help your relationship with the dealer if you ever had a problem with the car or Dinan part. Especially if your leasing. You buy from them, they are more likely to not tag you for any problems or overlook things. "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" mentality. Whenever you buy from the dealer servicing your vehicle, they seem to treat you better and offer more, in my experience and opinion.

that is complete BS...NO AFTERMARKET company is approved by BMW North America, read the FINE PRINT !!
Old 11-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Members

I'm just trying to find the best price on the intake as I am going to install it myself.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EUROTEK///M3' post='734459' date='Nov 29 2008, 06:45 PM
that is complete BS...NO AFTERMARKET company is approved by BMW North America, read the FINE PRINT !!
Wrong...

Dinan and BMW NA have an agreement. Dinan provides a warranty for all their parts that matches the 4 year 50k mile BMW warranty. The Dinan warranty covers their parts and any parts affected by the Dinan parts. BMW does not void your warranty if you install Dinan parts. The absolute safest way to modify your car is to have a BMW dealer that is also a Dinan dealer modify your car. If some thing goes wrong the dealer figures out if BMW or Dinan pays... but you don't.

No BMW dealer will modify your car with anything other Dinan or BMW performance parts.

You risk having your BMW warranty voided or challenged when modifying your car with any other company besides Dinan. I have talked to my dealer about this and so have many other folks.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Sweet! Once you get the DINAN CAI, I suggest getting the RPI scoops (you'll need 2).
Contact r1racer (Joe) or joet@raceprecision.com for the scoops

Originally Posted by EUROTEK///M3' post='734459
Wrong...

Dinan and BMW NA have an agreement. Dinan provides a warranty for all their parts that matches the 4 year 50k mile BMW warranty. The Dinan warranty covers their parts and any parts affected by the Dinan parts. BMW does not void your warranty if you install Dinan parts. The absolute safest way to modify your car is to have a BMW dealer that is also a Dinan dealer modify your car. If some thing goes wrong the dealer figures out if BMW or Dinan pays... but you don't.

No BMW dealer will modify your car with anything other Dinan or BMW performance parts.

You risk having your BMW warranty voided or challenged when modifying your car with any other company besides Dinan. I have talked to my dealer about this and so have many other folks.
That's correct.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 645ci Steptronic, Sport & Cold Weather Package, Black on Black with Blackwood Interior, PDC, Illuminated BMW Door Sills, Logic 7 Sound....Mods and pics on the way !

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='734566' date='Nov 29 2008, 09:48 PM
Sweet! Once you get the DINAN CAI, I suggest getting the RPI scoops (you'll need 2).
Contact r1racer (Joe) or joet@raceprecision.com for the scoops

Wrong.

Next time you're at your dealership, ask them about DINAN aftermarket upgrades.

That's correct.
mrfva....

Love that rolling pic of your ride !

Quick Reply: Dinan Cold Air Intake for 550i