E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dinan CAI 550

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i w/SMG - JetBlack - Dinan Software - Dinan Exhaust - Anthracite Trim - Anthracite Headliner - Sport Package

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
E60_intake_comp1.doc (439.5 KB, 198 views)
Old 11-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Good info.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

What I do not like about dinan is that there are no real power gains from intakes, exhaust, throttle bodies and software on NA cars however their intake and exhaust also do not sound much different than stock. So what are you gettin gfor your dough? I personally love the AFE intake simply for the sound it makes and any few hp it has is neglible but for money you get an amazing sound.

Same with other exhausts. I enjoy my remus for 500 bucks because it has awesome looking tips for one, and sounds really great and much different than stock.

Dinan however has an intake that you cannot hear and exhaust that is virtualy no different than stock sound and has tips that do not add much style to the back.

Plus they are usually pricer than everyone else
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Let me correct you... I have Dinan CAI, throttle bodies, Stage 3 software and RDSport exhaust and it does help in power gains. Also, the Dinan exhaust DOES sound better than stock. Trust me on this, I had my530i 550i last weekend which have the Dinan Free Flow Exhaust... Guess what!!!? The exhaust notes on his 550i is sooo sweet

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='490898' date='Nov 6 2007, 01:35 PM
What I do not like about dinan is that there are no real power gains from intakes, exhaust, throttle bodies and software on NA cars however their intake and exhaust also do not sound much different than stock. So what are you gettin gfor your dough? I personally love the AFE intake simply for the sound it makes and any few hp it has is neglible but for money you get an amazing sound.

Same with other exhausts. I enjoy my remus for 500 bucks because it has awesome looking tips for one, and sounds really great and much different than stock.

Dinan however has an intake that you cannot hear and exhaust that is virtualy no different than stock sound and has tips that do not add much style to the back.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

What I do not like about dinan is that there are no real power gains from intakes, exhaust, throttle bodies and software on NA cars however their intake and exhaust also do not sound much different than stock. Dinan however has an intake that you cannot hear and exhaust that is virtualy no different than stock sound and has tips that do not add much style to the back.
I highly disagree. There ARE real power gains with Dinan mods. PM JetBlack, ECF, my530i, or freed0m if you don't believe me. It's like saying Steve Dinan has wasted his engineering degree tuning exceptional BMWs for the past 25 years. Or that most American cars can live past 200,000 miles with zero defects like most Hondas (like my 92 Accord with 278,000 trouble-free miles and still counting). Although the Dinan intake isn't quiet like stock, it makes itself heard as the revs climb without making the driver feel he's behind the wheel of a CAI'd Civic. Same with the exhaust. Silent at cruise (a HUGE plus), but throaty on the power.

Have you ever driven a Dinan5? Dinan philosophy is Performance Without Sacrifice ... meaning you get performance without giving up what the car truly is ... a luxury BMW. It's power + handling stepped up several notches without giving up that classic BMW feel. My Accord has rice-rocket mods up the wahzoo (I've had that car since I was 17) and screams bloody hell, wake-up-the-neighborhood, set-off-car-alarms-in-a-parking-garage when you're on the power. That's not what I wanted my BMW to be. Which is why I went the Dinan route. So I have the best of both worlds ... an economical, super-reliable Honda equipped with teenager soundtrack (who says a 32-year-old Doc can't relive his glory days in college, haha) and a sport-luxury car that hauls a$$ and guzzles fuel without making people deaf.

So what am I getting for my hard-earned money? A very unique, specially tuned, Ultimate Driving Machine.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i w/SMG - JetBlack - Dinan Software - Dinan Exhaust - Anthracite Trim - Anthracite Headliner - Sport Package

Ummm. have you heard my car with Dinan exhaust???

in this video I only ran up to 5000 rpm sounds good to me.
Attached Files
File Type: mpg
Dinan550.MPG (1.31 MB, 101 views)
Old 11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

I personally love the AFE intake simply for the sound it makes and any few hp it has is neglible but for money you get an amazing sound.
The only reason that the AFE is loud is because it is an open air design not sealed.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue' post='490898' date='Nov 6 2007, 02:35 PM

LOL
Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! 18hp? So tempting. Where do I sign?
With all those Dinan mods, I can feel hp increased. I drove freed0m's car (Dinanized) over the weekend and the power feel was just like my 550i w/o Springbooster. This means that it has quite hp/torque gain. Adding SprintBooster, heck, you just rock!
Therefore, I find it's totally worth it if you want to play.
I'm thinking about this intake and ECU flashing from Dinan
Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Originally Posted by my530i' post='490931' date='Nov 6 2007, 02:57 PM
I'm thinking about this intake and ECU flashing from Dinan
Fred, trust me, you won't regret it!!! And if you're going to add the intake + software, you should also add the T/B to take full advantage of the increased air flow. And since you have the Dinan exhaust, both ends of the engine will benefit HUGELY. Just give it the beans in 3rd gear at 70 mph and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Oh ... and you'll be eligible for the exclusive Dinan5 badge, too! (Last I was told by Dinan, you only need 7 product points for the badge instead of 10. Don't know if this has changed recently. JetBlack? Confirmation?)

Quick Reply: Dinan CAI 550