E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Difference between OEM BMW rubber floormats

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

In the E60 accessory catalog there are two different rubber floormats pictured. Does anyone know the difference between the two? To me the upper one looked like it had more of an edge to hold slush and snow. I thought the bottom ones looked kind of cool though. The parts guy at Pacific BMW said most order the upper ones. Just wondering if people had seen one versus the other.

I am in Texas so don't need heavy duty melting snow type mats.
Attached Thumbnails Difference between OEM BMW rubber floormats-e60_mats.jpg  
Old 11-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I have the top ones (A). They are of good quality and are quite thick. Will work for my New England winters. Can't comment on the ones below - 1st time I've seen them.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I have the top ones and I like them a lot.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Nov 16 2004, 11:48 AM
In the E60 accessory catalog there are two different rubber floormats pictured.? Does anyone know the difference between the two?? To me the upper one looked like it had more of an edge to hold slush and snow.? I thought the bottom ones looked kind of cool though.? The parts guy at Pacific BMW said most order the upper ones.? Just wondering if people had seen one versus the other.?

I am in Texas so don't need heavy duty melting snow type mats.
[snapback]56856[/snapback]
Choice B reminds me of the old plastic floor protectors from grandma's back in the 70's.
JDN
Contributors

I am happy with the ones that realty has. When you take them out to clean them, it is easier to contain the dirt. I think the shallow ones might spill easier. My originals were never installed and are still packaged, seal unbroken.
Members

Ditto on the top ones.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

I tried to find mats A, after having seen them in JDN's car, but could not find them here.... <_< ended up getting B. There pretty OK. Do the job I guess. A mats - look better though... Anyway, there part of my winter setup...will be putting the velours in again come spring.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Another vote for the top ones by someone who has them. Be aware though, and my dealer warned me about this, that these mats, in the gray and beige, show scuff marks very easily. I have the gray and they are quite marked up with black scuffs from my shoes. I have not taken them out and really tried to clean them yet, I just keep vacuming them clean. My dealer warned me when I ordered, saying that they have actually had a number of complaints about the gray and beige.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Nov 16 2004, 08:24 PM
Another vote for the top ones by someone who has them.? Be aware though, and my dealer warned me about this, that these mats, in the gray and beige, show scuff marks very easily.? I have the gray and they are quite marked up with black scuffs from my shoes.? I have not taken them out and really tried to clean them yet, I just keep vacuming them clean.? My dealer warned me when I ordered, saying that they have actually had a number of complaints about the gray and beige.
[snapback]56875[/snapback]
Since I have black interior I ordered choice B. The parts man said they had more groves and the ridges were higher to keep your pant cuffs out of the gunk. I shall find out later this week
Old 11-16-2004, 10:38 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Nov 16 2004, 01:19 PM
I tried to find mats A, after having seen them in JDN's car, but could not find them here.... <_<? ended up getting B. There pretty OK. Do the job I guess. A mats - look better though... Anyway, there part of my winter setup...will be putting the velours in again come spring.

[snapback]56873[/snapback]
Too bad. We coulda shoulda bought them while you were here. Would have been a booger to haul around for three weeks, though. I'm sure the others are good to go, too.

Later,

JDN

Quick Reply: Difference between OEM BMW rubber floormats