E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

difference between mtech oem and replica?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco blue / beige Dakota leather , sport package , premium package ,cold weather package , nav , iPod connectivity

what is the main difference between these two kits . are they made from different material. do they last the same time . will i have fittment issues, can anyone really explain why should i get either one of them.
thanks for the help . im going crazy trying to figure out what should i get
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by BKbimmer
what is the main difference between these two kits . are they made from different material. do they last the same time . will i have fittment issues, can anyone really explain why should i get either one of them.
If I wanted to know the real differences I would contact Nerweezy (Trinity Autosport) they sell both and can get you sorted out perfectly.
Main differences I know about:
1) Price (OEM is around $2500 painted and installed, replica is around half that)
2) Design OEM M-Tech is the same kit you will see on M-Sport packaged cars from the dealer, replica kits are made to look more like the M5.
3) Materials (not sure what OEM is made of - that's why it's better to ask Weezy)
No fitment issues with my replica kit, but other have reported some.
Good luck
Old 04-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Contributors

mtech looks better and doesnt have fitment issues

the rep kit is more of an m5 front with sides and different rear

my rep skirts a too short but otherwise fit fine

the materials on both are excellent so depending on who does the work will last the same

rep kit painted is usually $1000 less and you can tell its a rep kit from the front and sides, the mtech rep rear looks really good.

mtech painted and installed ive seen as low as $2100 opposed to the rep kit painted and installed of $1700 or so
Old 04-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

what about rear diffuser on the mtech...the oem can be replaced to aftermarket quad, but the replica cant....right? this is what ive been reading, which is a bit annoying, but if its true, something to keep in mind if you wanna go quads down the road.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
what about rear diffuser on the mtech...the oem can be replaced to aftermarket quad, but the replica cant....right? this is what ive been reading, which is a bit annoying, but if its true, something to keep in mind if you wanna go quads down the road.
this is correct

just like on the rep front, you have to use their rep lip, no other lips will fit with it
Old 04-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco blue / beige Dakota leather , sport package , premium package ,cold weather package , nav , iPod connectivity

one of the biggest reasons im going with m tech is for the quads . so that could be a deal breaker. and i saw replica m tech kits that dont have that m5 look they look identical to the oem.
but the quad thing is disturbing.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Contributors

one of the biggest reasons im going with m tech is for the quads . so that could be a deal breaker. and i saw replica m tech kits that dont have that m5 look they look identical to the oem.

yes no quads for the replica mtech unless you get the rep m5 rear which IMHO looks like garbage and has a weird sag in the middle
Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

agreed, quad issue is a PIT...
i would think the makers of the rep mtech would wanna milk it for all they can and make a decent quad diffuser...guess there arent as many people wanting to go that route...i personally want that acs quad so oem is gonna have to be the route.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
yes no quads for the replica mtech unless you get the rep m5 rear which IMHO looks like garbage and has a weird sag in the middle
i thought it was just me...it does sag for sure, and aside, its not an m5
Old 04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Members

definetly oem . now i just need to find the best place to get it. i live in ny so maybe ill take a ride to rhode island to bmw of newport. i feel bad paying 450 to some dealer from cali. anyone knows best place to get oem kit or just the front and back bumper in new york area???

Quick Reply: difference between mtech oem and replica?????