E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

difference between mtech oem and replica?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKbimmer
definetly oem . now i just need to find the best place to get it. i live in ny so maybe ill take a ride to rhode island to bmw of newport. i feel bad paying 450 to some dealer from cali. anyone knows best place to get oem kit or just the front and back bumper in new york area???

bmw newport would be your best bet, he gives the highest discount if you are local
Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Titanium Silver. (6spd)(Sport)(Premium)(Navi)(Active Steering)(Adaptive Headlights)

I got my kit from gary at newport a few weeks ago. Cost me $1,477 shipped from Rhode Island to Long Island. No questions with OEM. Everything was perfect. Paint and install ran me $1,200. Certainly a difference in price from the rep setup, but well worth it if you can swing it.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

material wise, OEM is made out of ABS plastic. our replicas are made out of polypropylene, which is still a material of quality
Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco blue / beige Dakota leather , sport package , premium package ,cold weather package , nav , iPod connectivity

Originally Posted by Triple5NYC
I got my kit from gary at newport a few weeks ago. Cost me $1,477 shipped from Rhode Island to Long Island. No questions with OEM. Everything was perfect. Paint and install ran me $1,200. Certainly a difference in price from the rep setup, but well worth it if you can swing it.
i called gary in bmw of newport . they said he will be back friday. prob took some time for spring break.
i tried to talk to someone else and they all told me they gonna get back to me because they dontknow how it works . i guess ill wait to friday for gary.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

i called gary in bmw of newport . they said he will be back friday. prob took some time for spring break.
i tried to talk to someone else and they all told me they gonna get back to me because they dontknow how it works . i guess ill wait to friday for gary.
Like I said, you can also talk to Nerweezy of Trinity Autosport, they also sell OEM as well as the replica kits. He can help you out too
Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco blue / beige Dakota leather , sport package , premium package ,cold weather package , nav , iPod connectivity

Originally Posted by pjinca
Like I said, you can also talk to Nerweezy of Trinity Autosport, they also sell OEM as well as the replica kits. He can help you out too
first im looking for local options and im not in a rush. ill rather pay a 100 for shipping or drive there myself i live not too far like 2-3 hours away. then get it from cali and spend like 500 on shipping.
i wish nerweezy opens some spot around the tri state area because everyone seems to recomend him . if you not gonna opena spot in ny i will
Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

first im looking for local options and im not in a rush. ill rather pay a 100 for shipping or drive there myself i live not too far like 2-3 hours away. then get it from cali and spend like 500 on shipping.
i wish nerweezy opens some spot around the tri state area because everyone seems to recomend him . if you not gonna opena spot in ny i will
Good point about the shipping, we recommend Trinity, John (Brabusw209amg) and Acute mainly because of their customer service. They really take good care of us and they make sure their customers are satisfied and happy, so in return we make sure we let the world know just how good they are and how much we appreciate them. Those guys are the best vendors I have ever dealt with - and I have modded every one of the 36 cars I've owned.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Good point about the shipping, we recommend Trinity, John (Brabusw209amg) and Acute mainly because of their customer service. They really take good care of us and they make sure their customers are satisfied and happy, so in return we make sure we let the world know just how good they are and how much we appreciate them. Those guys are the best vendors I have ever dealt with - and I have modded every one of the 36 cars I've owned.
+1 For Trinity, I am a pain in the ass and they keep me happy

I installed the rep side skirts and M5 "look" nose recently and am very satisfied. I had to tweak a few things but nothing a good body shop wouldn't do. I like the M5 look over the OEM Mtech and to 99% of people who see the car they don't know the difference between Mtech and M Style (M5 Rep) they just like the way the car looks

Also the based on my research the Mtech install is more involved, has more pieces. It makes sense to me that the Mtech kit would be more expensive to install, at least the nose
Old 04-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Black exterior with balck interior. Sport package. K&N air filter.

Hey, how is it going NeRwEEzy? It's been a while since I bought air scoops from you. 2 months ago, I hit a truck tire on interstate and my front bumper got messed up. I overcame my anger, but I need to replace my bumper. Would you send me some information about Mtech front bumper please. I do not have PDC by the way. Thank you.