E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension iPod interface (MOST - optical fiber) available

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:37 AM
JMB
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Link Gateway 500 USB/iPod interface seems to be released for Mercedes now. Price in Spain is EUR344. Hope they announce release for BMW soon, as the OEM is now delayed to september.

Remember that also includes the possibility of connecting USB devices directly, and keeping the CD charger using a manual switch.

Product description:

http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php

Dealer shop and price in Spain (spanish, sorry):

http://hl18.dinaserver.com/hosting/escuder...7617126945c8045
Old 07-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Members

>The Link Gateway 500 USB/iPod interface seems to be released for Mercedes now.

Are you sure? All the available by dates have been removed from the Dension web site. The dealer site reports this if you try and place an order for the Merc unit "Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock."

I'm on several dealer stock alert lists for any of the Gateway 500 units and have recieved nothing.

>Hope they announce release for BMW soon, as the OEM is now delayed to september.

I think a forum member on another thread posted that the Dension is also delayed until Sept/October.

...my lease will expire by the time either of these products hit the streets
Old 07-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Members

So the option is the OEM mod that BMW does or the Denison interface - which you can keep your cd changer? Will you be able to control the iPod from the iDrive interface and voice commands??? Or is this not known?

Ok, I read the Denison sight again. It says iPod control from OEM head unit - I assume that is the iDrive/Voice command in the E60. Another question would be where would you stick the Gateway if you have the CD changer in the glove?

Hopefully the cost will be similar to the OEM mod.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:09 AM
Members

>So the option is the OEM mod that BMW does or the Denison interface - Will you be able to control the i>Pod from the iDrive interface and voice commands??? Or is this not >known?
I'm guessing the BMW and Dension units work the same way by emulating the CD Changer. I think both units can control the Ipod via the I-Drive and steering buttons but not sure about voice commands, personally I doubt it.
> >which you can keep your cd changer?
The Dension only by the looks of it, that allows switching between CD-Changer and IPOD but I'll bet that this can only be done whilst the car electronics are off. In other words you can't switch sources "live"
>Hopefully the cost will be similar to the OEM mod
All these units appear to be vapourware at the moment with only prototypes being demoed, I'd heard 399 euros for the Dension, guesses for the BMW solution price are highly variable but I have seen a guess at that sort of price as well.
>Another question would be where would you stick the Gateway if you have the CD changer in the glove?
the box looks like it might be quite small based on the Dension web site photo. I'm guessing the unit is small enough to fit in some dashboard space somewhere.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Members

when the Ipad is going to launch in BMW
Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by stock-guy
when the Ipad is going to launch in BMW
this thread is nearly 4 years old