E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension Gateway 500 (Ipod Interface) ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006 | 06:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E61, M-Package in Carbonblack, DVB-T and X-Box installed

Hi,

ok - the BMW Interface is there with issues. The Dension Gateway 500 is out for Audi A6... so.... any idea when the Dension Gateway 500 is coming out for the 5series?

regs
Volkmar
Old 12-04-2006 | 09:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by vstegmann' post='363449' date='Dec 4 2006, 10:52 AM
Hi,

ok - the BMW Interface is there with issues. The Dension Gateway 500 is out for Audi A6... so.... any idea when the Dension Gateway 500 is coming out for the 5series?

regs
Volkmar

Old 12-08-2006 | 08:59 AM
Senior Members

understand that if your car doesnt have the 6 cd in the firs tinstance, there will be coding charges by the dealer

see my post

BMW Ipod interface beware

i think its still valid

cheers
Old 12-09-2006 | 04:38 AM
Members

>understand that if your car doesnt have the 6 cd in the firs tinstance, there will be coding charges by the dealer

Agreed but not unique to BMW, the Dension unit which has already been released needs Audi to recode the car so it can be seen also.

I agree with your comments on their labour charge. Paying a per hour charge to have BMW plug a laptop into our cars to flip a bit or two is turning out to be a nice little earner (and a clever dealer lock in) for those manufacturers adopting the MOST bus standard and as a customer I neither appreciated it or see it as a benefit

From a customer perspective I wonder why BMW adopted MOST rather than good old bits of wire. As far as I see it after two years of E60 ownership the BMW I-POD interface isn't supported on my 04 530D and the Dension still isn't a product I can buy. If I was driving my old E39 I'd have the I-Pod interface installed and working over two years ago. This is less leading edge and more bleeding edge in my view.
Old 12-29-2006 | 12:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by MTRHEAD' post='365314' date='Dec 9 2006, 07:38 AM
>understand that if your car doesnt have the 6 cd in the firs tinstance, there will be coding charges by the dealer

Agreed but not unique to BMW, the Dension unit which has already been released needs Audi to recode the car so it can be seen also.

I agree with your comments on their labour charge. Paying a per hour charge to have BMW plug a laptop into our cars to flip a bit or two is turning out to be a nice little earner (and a clever dealer lock in) for those manufacturers adopting the MOST bus standard and as a customer I neither appreciated it or see it as a benefit

From a customer perspective I wonder why BMW adopted MOST rather than good old bits of wire. As far as I see it after two years of E60 ownership the BMW I-POD interface isn't supported on my 04 530D and the Dension still isn't a product I can buy. If I was driving my old E39 I'd have the I-Pod interface installed and working over two years ago. This is less leading edge and more bleeding edge in my view.
Hi,

If you need more info about Denision I can call Dension hq. because thay are in Hungary.

Greetings
Daniel
Old 12-30-2006 | 11:37 AM
Members

>Hi,

>If you need more info about Denision I can call Dension hq. because thay are in Hungary.

>Greetings
>Daniel

Thanks for the offer Daniel, this product has been promised for almost 18 months and everytime a date is promised it is then broken. It would be useful if you could call though I suspect the response will be an encouraging "sometime in January" as my UK dealer just told me. I'll only now beleive it and spend money when I see the product demonstrated and working on an E60
Old 12-31-2006 | 04:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MTRHEAD' post='372402' date='Dec 30 2006, 02:37 PM
>Hi,

>If you need more info about Denision I can call Dension hq. because thay are in Hungary.

>Greetings
>Daniel

Thanks for the offer Daniel, this product has been promised for almost 18 months and everytime a date is promised it is then broken. It would be useful if you could call though I suspect the response will be an encouraging "sometime in January" as my UK dealer just told me. I'll only now beleive it and spend money when I see the product demonstrated and working on an E60
Ok,
I will call them, because Dension is a Hungarian company....

Greetings
Daniel