E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension Gateway 500 + BTA1500

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Newbie here, I've been reading the forum for a few months with regard to installing the Gateway 500 and Bluetooth adapter. I finally took the plunge last week and purchased them, I had it installed by a local garage then took my car to an Indy garage to get the retrofit mp3 and Bluetooth module enabled.
I have a 11/03 model with business Nav single slot in main dash and cd changer in the glove box.
I was under the impression the any e60 could be programed to work so that you can see the text on the idrive screen. At the moment I can't read any text, menu still shows Cd1 to cd6, no other options available (iPod ui etc), I can control the iPod via the idrive but can only see track numbers.
With regards to the BT, I can now pair with my iPhone and stream music but I don't have any phonebook on the screen, I can receive calls and have caller id. To dial out I have to manually type the number through the idrive.
The garage that installed the software modules says that my car can't display text and that I would have to upgrade my MASK ( he said he checked the part number).

Any techies out there that can help? Can all e60's be programed to display txt or does it depend on the hardware?

Any help appreciated.

Dave....
Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 530 2005 E60

Originally Posted by Davy Mac' post='1027884' date='Oct 8 2009, 03:20 PM
Hi,
Newbie here, I've been reading the forum for a few months with regard to installing the Gateway 500 and Bluetooth adapter. I finally took the plunge last week and purchased them, I had it installed by a local garage then took my car to an Indy garage to get the retrofit mp3 and Bluetooth module enabled.
I have a 11/03 model with business Nav single slot in main dash and cd changer in the glove box.
I was under the impression the any e60 could be programed to work so that you can see the text on the idrive screen. At the moment I can't read any text, menu still shows Cd1 to cd6, no other options available (iPod ui etc), I can control the iPod via the idrive but can only see track numbers.
With regards to the BT, I can now pair with my iPhone and stream music but I don't have any phonebook on the screen, I can receive calls and have caller id. To dial out I have to manually type the number through the idrive.
The garage that installed the software modules says that my car can't display text and that I would have to upgrade my MASK ( he said he checked the part number).

Any techies out there that can help? Can all e60's be programed to display txt or does it depend on the hardware?

Any help appreciated.

Dave....
If you burn a cd with MP3s on. can you play that one and see the id3 tags ?
If NO. then you have to update the car to the latest firmware.
it costed med 2500:- Sek
Old 10-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as the text, My car is a 12/03 built and I have a Dension 500 with text display. My car still does not play MP3, but I see all the text from my iPod. First thing and probably the only thing you need to do is make sure you have the dip switches on the Dension set-up correctly. For me, having dip switch 1 and 2 up and the rest down is what worked for me, then all the options showed up. See this thread for more potentian help.

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...71577&st=15

Hope that helps

Let me know how the BTA1500 works out as I'm planning on getting it soon without activating bluetooth in my car (programing) I want to know what it can do out of the box.

Thks

Greg
Old 10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 530 2005 E60

Originally Posted by turbogate' post='1027954' date='Oct 8 2009, 04:27 PM
As far as the text, My car is a 12/03 built and I have a Dension 500 with text display. My car still does not play MP3, but I see all the text from my iPod. First thing and probably the only thing you need to do is make sure you have the dip switches on the Dension set-up correctly. For me, having dip switch 1 and 2 up and the rest down is what worked for me, then all the options showed up. See this thread for more potentian help.

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...71577&st=15

Hope that helps

Let me know how the BTA1500 works out as I'm planning on getting it soon without activating bluetooth in my car (programing) I want to know what it can do out of the box.

Thks

Greg
Yepp you are right.
if you can see the text but cant play the mp3 you need to upgrade the CD player

what you can do with the BLT 1500 out of box.

Stream music from phone and even run Spotify

answer the phone call from the phone. the onlything is that you cant use the idrive to call or asnwer the phone.

Im hoping toget my idrive programmed tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Members

Thanks for the feedback, ill have a look at the dip switches (assumming I can get to them) and let you all know.