E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension Gateway 500

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A number of members in a german forum asked me to post pics of the dension, and describe the necessary stuff. I have taken some pics and put them on www.syed.at/dension -> hope whoever needs help on making the decision (ipod vs. dension) will have it now easier...
Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d M Sport Touring (born November 22nd, 2006) Carbon Black (metallic), Black Dakota Leather, 18" M135 L/Alloy Wheels with 245/40 R18 93Y Goodyear NCT5 tyres (Run-flats), Manual Transmission, Xenon headlamps, Headlamp-washer system, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Navigation-system Professional, Hi-Fi loudspeaker system, M Sport Package, Roof Rails, M-Sports Suspension, Sun Protection Glass, High Gloss Shadow Line, M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, Anthracite Headlining, Cup Holders, Auto-Dim Interior Mirror, DVD Prep in rear, Side Blinds (manual), Automatic Air Conditioning, M Steering Wheel, Aluminium "Cube Pure" interior trim, Sports Seats, ISOFIX Child Seat System (front passenger seat), Park Distance Control

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='498104' date='Nov 23 2007, 03:05 PM
A number of members in a german forum asked me to post pics of the dension, and describe the necessary stuff. I have taken some pics and put them on www.syed.at/dension -> hope whoever needs help on making the decision (ipod vs. dension) will have it now easier...
Thank you for the detailed pics of the user interface & installation of the gateway 500 in the glovebox !

I've ordered the Dension Gateway 500 too. Installation will be done as soon as all parts are in, that is, the installation will be done together with installation of a Parrot CK3100 LCD car kit with Multicann steering wheel interface that allows control of the bluetooth Parrot car kit from the multi function controls on the steering wheel

Looking forward to using the new toys

Have you enjoyed the Dension Gateway 500 so far ?

Greetings,
Tom.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Contributors

I had the ipod integration on my old car - it cost me something like 350 EUR to have that done on my car. This time i decided i would go for the dension on my new car because for the 70-80 eur i was going to get the usb interface. on top of that, i was hoping the dension was faster than the ipod which it seems it is but this could be really due to the newer car than the interface itself. i was also hoping the random function would be an step forward, which really was not, but maybe the new fw version could be of an help - i will know more this week

greetinz
Old 12-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='498104' date='Nov 23 2007, 09:05 AM
Was the unit easy to fit, if so did you do it yourself or was it done at a BMW dealership?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by highkite' post='501806' date='Dec 2 2007, 06:21 PM
Was the unit easy to fit, if so did you do it yourself or was it done at a BMW dealership?
i had a workshop do it for me - it did not require long (30 mins). i assume, they opened the glove box, removed teh cd changer, unplugged it, connected the dension system, connected the cd changer and then put back the glove box...
Old 12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

I'm thinking of getting this and installing it myself if it's as easy as taking out the changer, plugging it in then off you go. (I already have the CD Changer)

One thing though..........Does the car need reprogramming?

I only had my car recoded a few months back so have pretty much the latest software anyway.

Thanks in advance

Marc
Old 12-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Contributors

Hi Marc,

your car needs to be able to playback mp3 files. otherwise, you also need to check with dension, because soem 04 cars for example wont work with dension..

see you
Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

That's great, Cheers.

Mine is an '06 plate and can play MP3 so Denison, here I come.

Marc
Old 12-06-2007, 01:42 AM
Contributors

...please do a sanity check with them before you order. another member in a german forum was all set to get one when he heard his car is a 04 and it would not work. don't ask me what the technical requirements are. i was lucky, when i bought my car, i went next door to rhein audio in k?ln and it fitted there.... only downside: you are not allowed to take part in the installation because they dont want you to watch them do the fitting...
Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 AM
Contributors

Cool, No worries. I've shot them an email already checking compatibility.

Thanks

Marc

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500