E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension friendly dealer in the NorthEast area

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i - ACS front lip, red calipers, hardwired Bel RX65, Satechi A2DP setup, Ram magnetic mount for HTC Kaiser, 40% tint, euro stickers, carbon filter removed (all within 3 weeks of picking up the car. I love this forum! =) NEXT: sprint booster

Hi all,
I've done tons of reading, finally sprung for the Dension 500 system and installed it. It sounds great.

Now i just want the text capability - (it currently just shows as CD 5, track 1, etc.)

I have an 05 545i with M-ASK that came with CDC, no MP3 capability.

question 1: do i need an MP3 retrofit or an iPOD retrofit? or are they the same.
question 2: how long should it take and how much should it cost?
question 3: does anyone have a Dension friendly dealer in the area that they can point me to?

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jinro1
Hi all,
I've done tons of reading, finally sprung for the Dension 500 system and installed it. It sounds great.

Now i just want the text capability - (it currently just shows as CD 5, track 1, etc.)

I have an 05 545i with M-ASK that came with CDC, no MP3 capability.

question 1: do i need an MP3 retrofit or an iPOD retrofit? or are they the same.
question 2: how long should it take and how much should it cost?
question 3: does anyone have a Dension friendly dealer in the area that they can point me to?

Thank you so much for your help.
If you are able to play iPod music from the Dension already, that means you might be already programmed for it. I have the same set-up as you. I had to get my car programmed because I had no CDC to start with. They did the iPod retrofit, but from what I've read on here, it's really the same as the CDC changer retrofit (but I could be wrong) My car is an 04 M-ASK. When I first installed the Dension, I also had no text display, same as you. I searched on here, and found that I had to adjust the dip switches on the Dension. I have full text display now. (Still no MP3 capability) Do a search for dension by nixdorf and try his dip switch settings. Hope that helps
Old 02-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i - ACS front lip, red calipers, hardwired Bel RX65, Satechi A2DP setup, Ram magnetic mount for HTC Kaiser, 40% tint, euro stickers, carbon filter removed (all within 3 weeks of picking up the car. I love this forum! =) NEXT: sprint booster

Originally Posted by turbogate
If you are able to play iPod music from the Dension already, that means you might be already programmed for it. I have the same set-up as you. I had to get my car programmed because I had no CDC to start with. They did the iPod retrofit, but from what I've read on here, it's really the same as the CDC changer retrofit (but I could be wrong) My car is an 04 M-ASK. When I first installed the Dension, I also had no text display, same as you. I searched on here, and found that I had to adjust the dip switches on the Dension. I have full text display now. (Still no MP3 capability) Do a search for dension by nixdorf and try his dip switch settings. Hope that helps

Thank you for your reply. turns out member Nigxdoof had OEM ipod installed and switched to Dension. He never even had a CDC. so slightly different scenario and he had text capability all along.

i'll check out the dip switch settings - maybe i'll get lucky.

can anyone else point me to a dealer who will take care of an ipod software retrofit cheaply? any independent with autologic?

thank you.