E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension AVR problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I got a Dension AVR as a late bday / Xmas present

So went about installing it and tested it. Simple enough or so I thought...

My problem seems to be the sound works but selecting TV in idrive gives me a blank screen , the options on the dension work and I am able to select a video on my ipod touch but it just shows a blank screen

I have enabled the TV option in the car and can select it in Idrive, it switches the main screen window to the tv but its blank... please!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Members

Jay have you connected the Handbrake wire to negetive wire on the AVR power cable to bypass the unit?

Also have you put the ipod into (iPod GW) and then selected the video via the film source and played it?

Let me know.

PM me if you want further help. as i saw the guys who fit mine on and saw step by step as what they did.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Members

Jay read your message that i just sent.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by delwarulislam
Jay have you connected the Handbrake wire to negetive wire on the AVR power cable to bypass the unit?

Also have you put the ipod into (iPod GW) and then selected the video via the film source and played it?

Let me know.

PM me if you want further help. as i saw the guys who fit mine on and saw step by step as what they did.

Thanks Del

No I didnt as when I installed it I did a Handbrake and reverse test and it was operating via the DCAN so I didnt bother with it or the reverse trigger

OK I will give the hand brake wire a go tomorrow morning

I've tried both IPOD GW and UI both just give me a blank screen and sound... the GW 500 is operating as it did pre AVR... hopefully the handbrake wire is the is it!

Regards

Jay
Old 12-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jay77
Thanks Del

No I didnt as when I installed it I did a Handbrake and reverse test and it was operating via the DCAN so I didnt bother with it or the reverse trigger

OK I will give the hand brake wire a go tomorrow morning

I've tried both IPOD GW and UI both just give me a blank screen and sound... the GW 500 is operating as it did pre AVR... hopefully the handbrake wire is the is it!

Regards

Jay

Jay remember one of the yellow cable from the harness plugs into the AVR and the other to the HU Out from the avr.

Also remember to download the BMW Video in Motion enabler from the dension website.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by delwarulislam
Jay remember one of the yellow cable from the harness plugs into the AVR and the other to the HU Out from the avr.

Also remember to download the BMW Video in Motion enabler from the dension website.
Cheers will do, although I've already set it to allow video in motion on the CAPPL module, but I did read its set as default to disabled on the AVR...which kind of makes sense with the trigger wire wiring you suggest above...
Old 12-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the heads up on the hand brake wire, went and connected it to the negative power / ground wire of the dension and it worked straight away

Cars all back together and its all working as it should! Now to find a cheap media player that will run a HD drive and Digital TV (Freeview).. Lol

I'll post a DIY in a seperate thread
Old 12-27-2010, 03:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Congrats Jay
Old 12-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
Congrats Jay
Cheers Blood! I was yesterday in the cold when it wouldn't show TV, I even went and recoded the option to disable the in motion option thinking it was the issue.. recoded it back after that didn't work either , its good when you get things working!

Hows the LCI CCC, all the buttons working as they should?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Yeah but controller won't work.

Quick Reply: Dension AVR problem