E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dension AVR owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I'm thinking to get a Dension AVR unit to go with my Dension 500, but I have a few questions for members already using the AVR unit. I would like some real world experience of it. So if anyone can help answer any of these questions it would be much appreciated..

1) Do I need to have TV option enabled for the unit to work?
2) Is there an option to have the full screen as video or is it just the normal window to the left with the nav on the right
3) Is there any drawbacks to the system and how it works
4) Can you view video stored on a portable hard drive / usb stick?
5) For those of you who fitted it yourself was it any more complicated then fitting the Dension 500?

Thanks in advance

J
Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Members

Hi,

I just got the AVR installed today. I have the single slot M-ASK business radio (no nav). I did not have to get the tv option enabled but as I don't have nav I had to get a multi media interface installed to get the AVR to work. I think you should not need to do this as you already have nav. As I only have the 6.6" screen, I see whatever I play in fullscreen. I can see all my videos in the browser the same way as I browse the mp3s. You can't however see any videos you have stored on a usb/hdd. If you managed to install the Dension yourself then you will have no probs installing the AVR.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DJKR
Hi,

I just got the AVR installed today. I have the single slot M-ASK business radio (no nav). I did not have to get the tv option enabled but as I don't have nav I had to get a multi media interface installed to get the AVR to work. I think you should not need to do this as you already have nav. As I only have the 6.6" screen, I see whatever I play in fullscreen. I can see all my videos in the browser the same way as I browse the mp3s. You can't however see any videos you have stored on a usb/hdd. If you managed to install the Dension yourself then you will have no probs installing the AVR.

Thanks sounds like it should be straight forward then... Shame you cant play video off USB too.
Now I just need to get one
Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Exactly what multi media interface needs installing?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I don't get this. The AVR is the multi media interface. I doubt you can get another interface to get the AVR to work on the screen. Are you sure you are not confusing the Gateway 500 itself with the AVR?

I have been told by Dension that getting the TV option coded is a MUST, the AVR fools the car to thinking its the TV module connected.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DJKR
Hi,

I bought the GW500 and AVR sometime ago, had the GW500 installed and it works like a charm. Was the AVR installation a DIY for you? If so, please let me know how it is done. My car is TV enabled.
Thanks.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer530I
I bought the GW500 and AVR sometime ago, had the GW500 installed and it works like a charm. Was the AVR installation a DIY for you? If so, please let me know how it is done. My car is TV enabled.
Thanks.
Hi
I also have gw500 + AVR. Installation of AVR is not so much complicated, and is much better to install GW500 + AVR at one time. Otherwise you need to deinstall gloves box once again. You only need to replace front trim, take out cockpit cover, deinstall CCC, connect cables, put everything back together and thats all. The problem is that my AVR is not working well, i dont have picture from any source, and dension tech support is not replaying for my emails :/ Bu the TV free function is working
If you have any questions - just ask
Old 07-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Members

Hi Guys still trying to figure out if dension AVR will work on a business screen with No SATNAV...
Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sniperlover
Hi Guys still trying to figure out if dension AVR will work on a business screen with No SATNAV...

Yes it will, see post number 2 in this thread...
you may need to get the interface cable for the pro nav spliced in, if its different.

Have a look here https://5series.net/forums/topic/108...r-install-diy/ look at the 5th pic and see if your connector is different. DJKR may be able to advise on what cable (Multimedia interface) was required to make it ork on a MASK unit

Goodluck