E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Delsa Motorsports issues ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Hey all,

I ordered the BMW AC STYLE E60 TRUNK LIP SPOILER 04-06 from delsa and I was pleased with the service and communiication.

I had a autobody shop install the pieces, since they would have a little more exprience and tools to use. but now after putting the parrts on my car the roof spoiler was comming loose so i took it back to the autobody shop and come to find out thge paint was comming off the bottum of the spoiler which made it loose.

The paint on the parts matched the car and looked great, but I don't think it should be peeling off.

Has anyone eles had any trouble with there parts from Delsa Motorsports. Paint or otherwise? I hope this is not an expensive mistake.

ohhh FYI. The body shop remove the top spoiler again and grinded it down and re applied it. I hope it will stay now and i hope I don't have the same issues with the trunk finisher.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I seem to remember a thread around here a while back with the same issues of paint peeling off of Delsa's parts, so you may not be alone on this. I suppose the lesson we will have to learn is to get it painted by somebody locally who is reputable. Good Luck with the repaint/reattachment!!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i.... Saphire Black Metallic...19 inch Axis Milanos....Auburn dakota interior.....ACS rear lip spoiler... And a whole lot of head turns ;)

i purchased my roof spoiler from Delsa and that thing would never stay in place. the body shop had to urethane it onto the windshield for it to stay! I wouldnt buy from them again, the fitments horrible.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 2k6e60' post='627207' date='Jul 18 2008, 08:59 AM
i purchased my roof spoiler from Delsa and that thing would never stay in place. the body shop had to urethane it onto the windshield for it to stay! I wouldnt buy from them again, the fitments horrible.
Wow
I guess they are coming out of taiwan ?
Are they warped or is it becuase the paint has to be taken of the bottom of the roof spoiler?

I am guessing that all the copy parts are coming from a similar vendor - perhaps?
Old 07-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

My experience with Delsa was ok. The spoilers came safely wrapped. Paint matched. No fitment issue, they sat perfectly on back window and trunk.
If you have problems, you should raise them with the seller and see if he would do anything to compensate.

Good luck.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman' post='627286' date='Jul 18 2008, 10:13 AM
My experience with Delsa was ok. The spoilers came safely wrapped. Paint matched. No fitment issue, they sat perfectly on back window and trunk.
If you have problems, you should raise them with the seller and see if he would do anything to compensate.

Good luck.
"Agreed" When you get these mods overspray etc all need to be prepped correctly................... I just ordered and they are super helpfull , I will report back when I recieve my parts
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Contributors

So Guess What....................mine is the same the dealership has put it on twice and it popped !!!
the car is going in on thursday and they are going to put it in the bake shop to reshape the spoiler to make it fit .............what a pain in the a**e !
I have emailed Alex a couple of times as the packing it came in and speed was brilliant, I think the mold they use either is warped or needs a good clean.
I hope this works if not I will go ACS original .............yikes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

<div align='left'></div>I'm having the same issues with the roof spoiler only on one side as well as on one side of the trunk spoiler. Getting 3m glue to see if this will finally hold it instead of using what they sent with the spoilers. If that doesnt work then I'll have my paint guy take them off and redo.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 jet black 530I, M-tech body kit, ac shnitzer roof and trunk spoiler. kelleners sport exhaust and pully kit on its way from germany.

I ahd the same issue. But EUROREV took care of it for me. The paint was peeling off because off the clue that came with the kit. So Vincent used some other glue and worked perfect after. They taped it down and I left it there over night. Once i picked it up. I left the tape on for three more days and never had a problem since.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Contributors

yep.. both my roof and rear spoiler is comming off... im gonna have to find a time to deal with this..

Quick Reply: Delsa Motorsports issues ??