E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Custom Tail light tint or covers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Black 530xi: (6 Speed Manual) -LCI tailight and headlight retrofit -19' Black Miro M6 rims -Black Kidney Grills -Carbon Fiber roundel emblems Partially shadowed emblems Coming soon: Full Mtech Kit rpi exhaust additional subs and amps added to Logic7 H&R lowering springs

Hey everyone,

I have a black e60 and am planning on completely blacking it out. I am purchasing some black rims in the next few weeks (still undecided on exactly which rims I want) and am now looking into tinting my tail lights.

Bimmian.com sells tinted tail light kit for $60 that is made by Laminex. I also found a few on Amazon for just $25, they are made by Rvinyl. Any experience with these two companies?

Also, I found a picture of an e60 with a great tail light kit that left the clear part of it at the top un-tinted. Is this a custom job or is there a specific kit I can order to get these? Here is a picture.

Custom Tail light tint or covers?-all-black-e60.jpg

Any and all help/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks everyone,
Matt
Old 09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tint the red section and leave the white section alone. I personally am not into covering up the beautiful tail lights especially if they are LCI tails.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Black 530xi: (6 Speed Manual) -LCI tailight and headlight retrofit -19' Black Miro M6 rims -Black Kidney Grills -Carbon Fiber roundel emblems Partially shadowed emblems Coming soon: Full Mtech Kit rpi exhaust additional subs and amps added to Logic7 H&R lowering springs

Yea I was thinking of doing that. I don't have the steadiest hands tho so I don't know if I could pull off the cutting necessary haha.

I hear you on the tail lights though. I like them, but I love blacked out cars. Something about them, and that one in the picture to me is the most magnificent e60 i've seen.

Thanks though,

I appreciate it.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

i got tint from Bimmian.com, i really like it.. but take your time puting it on!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Members

Thanks Baggman. Do you think it would be too difficult to cut it so that the clear part of the tail lights were un-tinted? I'd hate to spend $60 and ruin them because I couldn't cut it well.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Members

And how dark are they? I want them to be blacked out like in the picture above. I don't want them to look slightly tinted.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

stickercity.com or lamin-x.com, they have pre cut for the e60 and you can choose how dark you want it tinted
Old 09-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Originally Posted by radzM
stickercity.com or lamin-x.com, they have pre cut for the e60 and you can choose how dark you want it tinted
This is the best way to do it, so its completely reversible. I actually bought the eBay knock off version of the Lamin-X (Ive had real Lamin-X before and the quality is the same as the knock off but for a 1/3 of the price). The knock version is like $15 and covers the whole light but I just mask off the line between the red and white and it is an easy smooth cut, and I went with the light smoke as it is very subtle but makes it look much more aggressive. See me pics in this thread, you can see the taillights... https://5series.net/forums/topic/116...1#entry1375654
Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I used to have my pre-lci painted on the red portion. Now that I have LCI's I don't want to touch them, they are too pretty
Old 09-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Members

if they are lci... dont touch them... lol

Quick Reply: Custom Tail light tint or covers?