E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Custom Remus Quad Exhaust - '08 LCI

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bahabishoo' post='604418' date='Jun 17 2008, 10:37 AM
looks cool i wonder is it possible to install quad exhaust in 525? =)
yes sir. as a matter of fact, the gentleman above me can assist you with that!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i 07

oh really thanks for telling me that and for asnwering my question so fast but would it work properly ? do u got pics for installion and how much it cost? thanks again guys
Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i

Do you have any pics of underneath the right side where the 2nd tips are? Are they just a wrap around pipe into two tips or is there a 2nd muffler?? Looks great. Really making me want to do this to my 550. Any probs? How much louder outside the car and how much louder inside the car with the new exhaust?
Thx
Old 06-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TX-T.Silver' post='604483' date='Jun 17 2008, 12:18 PM
Do you have any pics of underneath the right side where the 2nd tips are? Are they just a wrap around pipe into two tips or is there a 2nd muffler?? Looks great. Really making me want to do this to my 550. Any probs? How much louder outside the car and how much louder inside the car with the new exhaust?
Thx
no pix, but they did put another remus muffler on the passenger side. they had to flatten the sides to get it to fit nicely. no problems whatsoever.

the sound is exactly what i wanted, deep and loud enough for me. outside - it's not as loud as my magnaflow and i even deleted the square resonator. inside the car with the windows up, the same thing...much quieter than the magnaflow.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='602769' date='Jun 14 2008, 06:29 PM
Quy, here you go bud. it's been exactly a week since i've had the quad set up and it's settling quite nicely...now that's its nice and "marinated"! many would say it's "too quiet", but i'm really happy with it. keep in mind that this is my daily and did not want my cabin to be overwhelmed with my exhaust sound & rumble. i've definately have felt a big performance upgrade, especially now it's had a chance to settle.

here are some clips! sorry, no clips w/the windows down. i just got a car wash and didn't want to roll the windows down - sorry!
Wow. Now that, my friend, is the PERFECT note and sound level for that very nicely modded e60. At idle, most cars exhaust will sound similar to most people. But upon reving and acceleration, the exhaust sound note becomes very unique . . . very refine . . very BMW engine.

In my opinion, the exhaust note matches well with the i6 TT performance and e60 styling. Congrats.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='605271' date='Jun 18 2008, 01:15 PM
Wow. Now that, my friend, is the PERFECT note and sound level for that very nicely modded e60. At idle, most cars exhaust will sound similar to most people. But upon reving and acceleration, the exhaust sound note becomes very unique . . . very refine . . very BMW engine.

In my opinion, the exhaust note matches well with the i6 TT performance and e60 styling. Congrats.
comin' from your Quy, that's a huge compliment and vote of confidence! thank you so much, cuz' you were very instrumental in which direction i went in my set up!

again, thank YOU for being so patient and accomidating to all my questions & concern.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

Hey MacFly,

In regards to your powder coated tips....I like! What tips are they or were they before powder-coating? Also, do you remember what size (inlet and outlet) diameter? I am looking into the Magnaflow Exhaust and would end up getting chrome tips, but then would get the tips powder coated. My 550 has black tips stock and I do like the black look more than chrome.

The muffler shop I have been to doesn't want (or says they won't be able to) to install a 2nd muffler on passenger side because of space limitations. They are wanting to install a muffler where the center resonator is and then run exhaust to each side. I will have to purchase tips and then get a shop to powder coat like you did.

Good Taste!
Old 06-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

Also, I think someone mentioned you had staggered tips? Did they come that way or did AAA have to create them?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TX-T.Silver' post='612831
Also, I think someone mentioned you had staggered tips? Did they come that way or did AAA have to create them?
each tip comes seperately, so they have to manually staggered them when welding on. very precise work, so make sure you go to a very patient muffler shop. and make sure you go there with your diffuser installed already.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MacFly' post='612878' date='Jun 30 2008, 11:16 AM
AAA muffler has the 3.5" black powder coated tips. not sure 'bout the inlet. if you're interested, i can see 'bout getting the tips from AAA for you.

each tip comes seperately, so they have to manually staggered them when welding on. very precise work, so make sure you go to a very patient muffler shop. and make sure you go there with your diffuser installed already.

Hey thanks. They told me to make sure the diffuser is installed first. I am interested in the tips. Is there a contact guy at AAA? I may try and give them a call. I wish I lived in Cali (except for cost of living) b/c you guys have access to all the good shops/tuners. Not to mention weather!

Quick Reply: Custom Remus Quad Exhaust - '08 LCI