E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Custom Qual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice.... since we're on this topic..

What's your thought on cutting out the OEM mufflers and welding on Borla or Magnaflow mufflers for someone like me wanting to keep the single side exit but wanting more sound.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Great sounding sixer !! = DD
Old 05-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Superb !
Old 05-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Members

My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust

Originally Posted by Arctic-Rodz
Nice.... since we're on this topic..

What's your thought on cutting out the OEM mufflers and welding on Borla or Magnaflow mufflers for someone like me wanting to keep the single side exit but wanting more sound.
Not sure. After doing my research, i thought this setup to be the best. But, i think you can do that.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Members

My Ride: OEM Specs - Titanium Silver, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Dakota Black Leather, Dark Poplar Wood trim, Xenon Adaptive Head Lights, Navigation, Satellite Radio Mods: Umnitza M5Tech Body Kit(Front, Rear and Side Skirts), Alufelgen 19/8.5 ET35 (Front) 19/9.5 ET35 (Rear), Continental DWS 245/35ZR19 (Front) 275/30ZR19 Rear, MGP Red Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, FormulaOne Pinnacle Tint (VA Limits), Angel I Bright 3.0A (Bright White), R1 Premium D/S, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps, Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit, Self Design Quad Exhaust (Center Resonator delete, Magnaflow 10791 Tru - X Stainless Steel 2.5" Exhaust Pipe, Vibrant 1793 Stainless Steel Bottle Style Resonator, Yonaka Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust Tips), H&R Sports Springs 29146-1 Vendors Used for Installation- Body Kit- BMW of Fairfax, Fairfax, VA Quad Exhaust- Monroe Brakes And Exhaust, Fairfax, VA Wheels and Tires- Hogan & Sons (Good Year), Ashburn, VA Tints- LA Tint, Manassas, VA Self Design Quad Exhaust- HPS Customs, Glen Burnie, MD H&R Sports Springs- Authority PitStop, VA Self Installs- MGP Caliper Covers, RPI Air Scoops, BMS Power Box, Angel I Bright 3.0A, R1 Premium D/S Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, M5 Trunk Finisher, LCI LED Tail Lamps with Bruce Miranda v6.1 cable, HID 6K Fogs with Canbus Ballasts, 6K License Plate Lights, Stealth Matte Black Grille, 3M Shadowline Blackout tape, 6K Interior LED kit. Retired: Umnitza Quad Exhaust

Originally Posted by nothingbutbmw
How do you like those exhaust tips? I was thinking about them, i saw them on ebay but wasnt too sure how they sit. do they look aggressive enough?

great setup btw!

They are nice tips. I dont have any complaints so far. Inlet is 2.5in and outlet is 3.5 in (Actually 2.5in, if you measure from the inner wall) The wall thickness is 1/2in.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Members

Sounds aggressive. I also removed the charcoal filter in the Air Filter box.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528XI

Nice looking set-up. Correction, there is no such thing as a "quad" exhaust. It is dual exhaust but has quad tips. There is only two pipes that run from hot end (engine) side back to cold end (muffler). I work in the industry for Exhaust supplier. Its nice the way BMW uses full heat shield for exhaust where as most OEM's cheap out and only use them on the exchangers etc.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Originally Posted by aneet
pop's exhaust in manchester, ct is where I went, they out together a similar setup for me.
Hey aneet -
I just wanted to say thank you! I just talked to Pop's and they seem like really awesome people, just told me to come on up, they'll throw my car on a lift and let me know my options. He also said "BMW's are all different, could be the same model year of almost the same car with completely different exhausts, I just need to see how much room I have. But just to let you know, we'll be able to get you something whether it's a Magnaflow on there, or something else at a very small fraction of the price of what you've probably been looking at online. I then explained it's a 535xi which is a twin turbo and he said bring it up, that's going to be a fun one!"

So thanks again, I appreciate your recommendation!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cryptical
Hey aneet -
I just wanted to say thank you! I just talked to Pop's and they seem like really awesome people, just told me to come on up, they'll throw my car on a lift and let me know my options. He also said "BMW's are all different, could be the same model year of almost the same car with completely different exhausts, I just need to see how much room I have. But just to let you know, we'll be able to get you something whether it's a Magnaflow on there, or something else at a very small fraction of the price of what you've probably been looking at online. I then explained it's a 535xi which is a twin turbo and he said bring it up, that's going to be a fun one!"

So thanks again, I appreciate your recommendation!
Pops is pretty cool, Ive used the one in Hartford before for my last car and they'll put the car on the lift and talk with you and tell you honestly if they can do what you want or not and give you a good estimate of what itll cost.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Sounds like you might be in a garage or something. Do you have a clip from outside, maybe one where you drive by or excelerate a way?

Quick Reply: Custom Qual Exhaust