E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Custom Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

hello everyone, I am about to paint and put on my m-tech kit, and I am seriously thinking about a two-tone paint job. My car is jet black, and my idea was to leave the top half of my car black which includes leaving the hood/roof/trunk black, and then painting the bottom portion of my car pearl white. To better explain what I'm doing there is a picture below to help visualize the concept. The only difference is that instead of the orange paint it will be pearl white, like the Lexus white to better contrast with the jet black. Please feel free to express your opinions (good or bad), and I will greatly take them into consideration, thank you all.

[attachment=73596:2970932_1.jpg]
Old 08-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Contributors

And here's another one on this earlier thread, same concept but mine will be white instead of silver and ofcourse I won't try to put on fugly rims like those ones. Silver on Black Two tone paintjob
Old 08-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Contributors

Or I can do the V-shape down the hood just like the m6's done by platinum motorsports. Except I would need to paint everything below the side windows, which means all doors painted white and just leaving the roof and part of the top area of the trunk black, and the v-shape following the contours of the hood all the way down to the m-tech front, simulating a V-shape like the m6's done by platinum. here is the link: Platinum Motorsports Gallery to show what I mean. Sorry for all the confusion, thanks everyone.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='642869' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:24 AM
hello everyone, I am about to paint and put on my m-tech kit, and I am seriously thinking about a two-tone paint job. My car is jet black, and my idea was to leave the top half of my car black which includes leaving the hood/roof/trunk black, and then painting the bottom portion of my car pearl white. To better explain what I'm doing there is a picture below to help visualize the concept. The only difference is that instead of the orange paint it will be pearl white, like the Lexus white to better contrast with the jet black. Please feel free to express your opinions (good or bad), and I will greatly take them into consideration, thank you all.

[attachment=73596:2970932_1.jpg]
I thought you were selling your Mtech rear?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Senior Members

umm i never likes 2 tone on cars, idk im pretty simple lol
Old 08-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='642911' date='Aug 9 2008, 02:52 AM
I thought you were selling your Mtech rear?
I am still selling the m-tech rear, I bought the M5 rear from NovaE60 2 days ago, and my m-tech kit just arrived, sorry for the confusion, my m-tech rear is still for grabs, and it is at my home in its box, tommorrow I am going to the body shop to get my m-tech front and sides, and the m5 rear painted, but I am confused on whether I should paint them all one color, or paint them pearl white, and also paint the fenders doors and hood and m-tech front partially to form a v-shape, also painting the bottom part of the trunk white and doing a custom mold with the ac schnitzer trunk spoiler to emulate the m3 csl trunk bootlid and leaving the top surface of the trunk jet black as well as the roof and th upper portions above the door windows leaving a clean black look all the way around the top, with the whole bottom pearl white, just like the way platinum motorsports did with their m6's. Otherwise If I can't do any of this, I will just stick with one color which is jet black, but I really like the pearl white, so tommorrow I will ask the body shop if they can do this, also how much do you guy's think this kind of custom work will cost? Any ideas or opinions before I go to the body shop is taken into consideration. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

IMO, makes the car look tacky, don't do it ...but I might be on the outskirts of the bell curve on this one...GL with your decision....
Old 08-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='642931' date='Aug 9 2008, 03:37 AM
IMO, makes the car look tacky, don't do it ...but I might be on the outskirts of the bell curve on this one...GL with your decision....
Yea your right, I actually agree that either the outcome can look very tacky and sh**y, or it can actually come out looking sporty and clean, but I don't know if I should take the risk, any other opinions are greatly appreciated?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Keep it clean...just one color.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='642941' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:47 AM
Yea your right, I actually agree that either the outcome can look very tacky and sh**y, or it can actually come out looking sporty and clean, but I don't know if I should take the risk, any other opinions are greatly appreciated?
you should try and test it out with the method used in this thread first...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=59579

Quick Reply: Custom Paint Job