E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Custom Carbon Fiber Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d Chip tuning m sport package sport suspension 20" Vertini wheels carbon fiber ipod kit led interior light led angel eyes led side markers

Originally Posted by Jander17
I have the di-noc wrap on my trim with grey interior.
I'll try to get a better picture, but this all I have for now.
Where did you get the suede gear shifter gaiter? I´d like that because my leather one squicks!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

I was thinking the opposite, due to the edges of the bottom pieces being light grey? I need some of that white carbon in life though!! looks amazing!! wish i had a black dash it makes the interior a lot lighter which looks a lot better

You've actually given me an idea there as my electric window button surrounds are starting to wear.... how did you get the door trim off? guessing door pieces to come off?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d Chip tuning m sport package sport suspension 20" Vertini wheels carbon fiber ipod kit led interior light led angel eyes led side markers

well that´s why: the lighter carbon where the lighter pieces are... But I can only judge from your picture, you have a better look at the situation over there...

Yeah, I mainly did it because the electric window buttons, steering wheels button and now also the radio area started peeling...

You don´t have to take the whole doortrim out! Just the part you want to cover.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

were the switches hard to cover? got to say, its pretty addictive stuff this

No i meant how do you remove the wooden inlays that i have in my doors, do i have to remove the door cards or are they 'click out'
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Members

Your wooden inlays are aluminium carbon pattern in mine, but they came OEM, so I never took them off neither do I know how.... I did the radio part also today, I'll make some pics tomorrow, it's dark now...
Old 03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Clean look. Nice work.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Members

I did in my car with a material like 3m Di-noc and my interior is Grey.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jan jans
Your wooden inlays are aluminium carbon pattern in mine, but they came OEM, so I never took them off neither do I know how.... I did the radio part also today, I'll make some pics tomorrow, it's dark now...
Good work!! look forward to the pics

I've been checking mine out the past couple of days, it defo needs dark down the middle.... my problem is now, i am going to wrap the door handles in black but obviosuly cant do the window switch trim the same, i need something to match the grey ideally... maybe a gloss grey wrap, could even try piano black, dunno if that would make it look too none oem though
Old 03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Members

Hey, here are some pics of how my interior ended up... I still want to change my gear knob, my old Mknob had its leather worn, so I have this one for the moment.. Doesnt match the rest of the car really... How are you getting on?
Attached Thumbnails Custom Carbon Fiber Interior-backlogo.jpg   Custom Carbon Fiber Interior-carbon-interior.jpg   Custom Carbon Fiber Interior-carbon-interior2.jpg   Custom Carbon Fiber Interior-carbon-interior3.jpg  
Old 03-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport, 6 Speed Auto, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leather Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, HUD, PCD, Navi, Logic 7, Fold Down Rear Seat, Sunshades, Rear DVD Headrests

Very nice, looks great!!

Quick Reply: Custom Carbon Fiber Interior