E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coolbag Accessory

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: LCI E60 520d SE Manual, Jet Black/Natural Brown/Light Poplar, Auto A/C, Elec Front Seats+Lumbar & Driver Memory, SCA Doors, Thru Load, Auto Dim Folding Mirrors, Adaptive Xenons+High-beam Assist, LDWS, USB Audio, 244 wheels+RFTs (until worn) & S-S Spare

Does anyone have experience of the Coolbag Accessory? Does it really succeed in maintaining 20 degees C. below cabin ambient? (In an air conditioned car, this would be easily equivalent to a normal domestic fridge.) Does it ever freeze its contents by accident? Can it flatten the car battery, or is it fitted with a low voltage cutout? Does it really fit (and work) comportably, behind the front passenger seat, as the Accessory Brochure photo implies?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bob.a' post='410308' date='Apr 4 2007, 11:10 PM
Does anyone have experience of the Coolbag Accessory? Does it really succeed in maintaining 20 degees C. below cabin ambient? (In an air conditioned car, this would be easily equivalent to a normal domestic fridge.) Does it ever freeze its contents by accident? Can it flatten the car battery, or is it fitted with a low voltage cutout? Does it really fit (and work) comportably, behind the front passenger seat, as the Accessory Brochure photo implies?
Hi Bob a,

O bought the coolbag 12 months back and can give you the following feedback:

Because it is thermo electric and does not have an smallish compressor it wont freeze its contents.
What I sometimes notice after long journeys is that element freezes but this wont lead to freezing the contents as the elements is to small in relation to the capacity. I would say 20 degrees C is a bit wishful thinking as it wont ever go below say 6 degrees C with a ambient tempreture of 20 degrees C in the cabin but is does it job pretty well to keep already cooled products cool over a long period of time. The space is limited though.

My E60 has no power output to the sockets when the ignition is off , so that means it can not flatten the battery at all on the E60. I think its power rating is 12V , 55 watts while BMW recommends a max of 120 watts.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Members

My Ride: * 2007 BMW 530xd M pack E61 - NAVI Professional - High Executive - Comfort Seats Leather Dakota Kastanie Braun - Carbon Schwarz - Hifi Professional Logic7 - Safety Glass - Remapped 292 HP 633,6 NM - * 2002 Opel Corsa 1.7dti Sport - Elec.airco - Thermical glas - Proteq - Kempower tuning 100 hp

Originally Posted by bob.a' post='410308' date='Apr 4 2007, 11:10 PM
you need a compressor cooling. for example froom waeco.
i have one and it really can freeze 18 degrees celcius below zero.
compressor coolers also have low power consumption. ca. 50 watts when freezing