E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coming soon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by balbs
The ones having great results with the SWS-8 are most likely the ones with the aftermarket sub amps. The stock E60 amp is spec'd to drive 2-Ohm stock under seat speakers. If you swap it out with the 4-Ohm SWS-8, you will actually lose bass.
And that's another reason of mine for going with the Fosgates, because they're 2 ohm subs and should hit harder. I have a very efficient amp as I mentioned in the reply earlier, the ARC Audio 600w D Class amp will power these plus some.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Gotcha...didn't know about the other stuff.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Members

so you are saying the 4 ohm subs I bought might not be good I haven't had the chance to install them yet .I also have installed 4 inch focal component speakers in the doors and on the back shelf just don't know what to do with mid range I'm thinking of custom fitting 6 inch focal 3 way components in the front doors putting the 6 inch speakers on the lower end of the door don't think it would look to bad anyone hear overcome this issue
Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Only way to overcome it is aftermarket amps and such. See threads by nelson29 and Technic among others that are masters of the E60 audio. In the meantime, here are the stock radio config.

StockAudioWatt.pdf
Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Members

i just had a look at that thanks my only question is how do u get mid range out of a 4 inch speaker .don't think u can .
Your pdf file u attached say mid range 100 mm speaker
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jimadams7
so you are saying the 4 ohm subs I bought might not be good I haven't had the chance to install them yet .I also have installed 4 inch focal component speakers in the doors and on the back shelf just don't know what to do with mid range I'm thinking of custom fitting 6 inch focal 3 way components in the front doors putting the 6 inch speakers on the lower end of the door don't think it would look to bad anyone hear overcome this issue
Ok I'm no master audio guy or anything but here's what I was told. And please, anyone correct me if I get anything wrong. Originally I was going to get a set of MB Quart 8" subs (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...rt-RLP204.html) which are inexpensive and looked to be a great speaker. So I let my guy know that's what I was going to buy and have him install but he said "see if they carry them in dual voice coil 2 ohm because the ones I'm trying to buy are dual voice coil 4 ohm and it's not going to give me what I'm looking for in a sub running 4 ohms." That's all I'm going off of here. So I kept looking and found the Fosgates which I'm ordering next week. As far getting custom 6" speakers in the front that's actually the way to go because you're never going to get much effect or benefit from doing anything in the rear deck of the car to get that midrange you're missing. And that's the reason for going with the under-seat subs so I can get some of that mid-range I'm looking for. And let me rephrase something here, I don't have Focal components, I have Focal coaxals. I should have went with the components in my opinion so I could have that seperation but the coaxals are pretty sweet I must admit. SO I'm not sure what 4 ohm subs you have and if they're worth installing, I'm totally not saying that, I'm just going off what my installer told me. I'm pretty sure some audiopile in the group can confirm your concerns. But again, when I'm finished I'll let you guys know.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Members

So u are saying the subs u are getting will give u the midrange that we are missing in this car would love to know how it works out very interested
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jimadams7
So u are saying the subs u are getting will give u the midrange that we are missing in this car would love to know how it works out very interested
I'm saying I believe this will give me the sound I'm looking for. I know some people out there already have it figured out, I'm simpy going anthoer route and will find out. I'll let you know.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Members

TThanks ill be looking forward to your outcome
Old 04-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Members

Whether or not you get better midrange from the underseat speakers is largely going to depend on what the cross over network is set to send to the underseat speakers. If the cross over is not sending mid frequencies to the underseat it's not going to matter what size or type of speakers you put there. Plus, mid and high frequencies are more easily absorbed by any type of sound absorbing material, such as the foam cushioning of the seats. I'd think the door speakers would be the ones to replace. I'm thinking of replacing the door speakers of my Logic7 system after the car is out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

To the OP, I at first thought you were on of those people the think the only thing that matters is window rattling bass; no offense but, I HATE THOSE PEOPLE!!

Quick Reply: Coming soon!!!