E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Comfort seat headrest retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

I really!!!!!! need the part number for a complete comfort seat headrest in black leather. The post spacing is different but this can be corrected by a simple TIG weld and the destruction of the sport seat head rest. I am going to fashion a bracket using the posts from my current head rests and attach them via a weld to an adapter bracket that will fit to the comfort seat headrest. After the bracket is completed and sanded I plan to send it to a local chromator. The chrome is going to run 45.00. I am only doing this for fun but if it works and people on this board want the adapter bracket I will be happy to send the plans. Anyway...anyone that can help with the comfort seat headrest part number PLEASE get back to me.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

Good luck.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Before ordering, I'd wait until someone with more experience with the parts system (kigerka?) verifies things but using the online parts catalog, I think you're looking for part number 52107071602.

Look on the following page to see where I came up with it:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...008&hg=52&fg=15

Ignore the diagram -- the page is for comfort seats and there are two types of headrests. The one I am showing above is the "Multi-Functional Headrest" which I assume is the one you need. Also, my German ain't so hot but I'm thinking black is "schwarz."

Good luck!
Old 06-17-2005, 04:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Thanks. I thought that was the part number myself but I wanted verification. kigerka????
Old 06-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Contributors

I confirmed that part number myself and placed my order. I have an email to a friend in Germany who is trying to figure out what the post material metal is. If I intend to do a little welding I have to know for sure what the post metal is made of. If anyone knows this please let me know. It is chromated but not sure about the underlying metal.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

I didn't know there was such an interest in upgrading the headrests. Sounds like a lot of trouble to be worth it to me.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:28 AM
Contributors

The headrests on the sport seats are horrible. A lot of people like the bolstering of the sport seats but prefer the headrest of the comfort seats. I did get a firm price quote of 196.00 per headrest. This is the multifunction in black leather. The post material is stainless steel that has been chromated. I have a shop that is very skilled in prototyping and they have agreed to work with me. They are only charging 30.00 to do the welds if I supply them with a CAD drawing. I am working on it. This retrofit could take about 8 weekd due to parts delivery time from Germany. I will keep this thread updated and post pictures when I am done.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:32 AM
Contributors

Sorry I couldn't anwer you quick enough. I have been pretty busy lately with today being a slightly lazy day. Gald you were able to get the answer you needed.