E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Comfort Access without Handles

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Hi everyone,

I've been perusing through the forums ever since I bought a bmw (2 days ago '10 535xi woot woot ). I've been reading up on the retrofitting of comfort access all I could find is that it is (a) really expensive to do & (b) go buy a different car. But what I've feel like is the main cost comes from the fitting of all the doors handles and the labor required to do so. CA kind of self defeats its own purpose (at times) when at night walking to the car being unable to enjoy the surrounding lights.

I want to have a key-less start (like how the anti-car jack trick works), but without starting the engine twice. (wouldn't this kill the starter motor alot quicker?) I don't mind unlocking my car by tapping my pocket.

so my question is, is there way to just install the center module that would allow me to keep my keep in my pocket while pushing start.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

^^^ You would also need to have CA keys made for your car as well as any software reprogramming.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530Xi 2007, Mods: logic 7, HUD, CIC+Combox+Snap-in Media, Rear view camera, SAT, NiVi, Stop&Go, KVv3, R1 brake rotors, RPI exhaust, M-package, High beam assist. Plans: ventilated seats.

Originally Posted by TheRab
Hi everyone,

I've been perusing through the forums ever since I bought a bmw (2 days ago '10 535xi woot woot ). I've been reading up on the retrofitting of comfort access all I could find is that it is (a) really expensive to do & (b) go buy a different car. But what I've feel like is the main cost comes from the fitting of all the doors handles and the labor required to do so. CA kind of self defeats its own purpose (at times) when at night walking to the car being unable to enjoy the surrounding lights.

I want to have a key-less start (like how the anti-car jack trick works), but without starting the engine twice. (wouldn't this kill the starter motor alot quicker?) I don't mind unlocking my car by tapping my pocket.

so my question is, is there way to just install the center module that would allow me to keep my keep in my pocket while pushing start.

And it is almost impossible to get keys from BMW. I managed to get one key only after a second try of a dealer to order it from Germany. In Russia they have some special procedure of making such orders (my car didn,t have comfort access, but I added it.) If you order all parts new from dealer, I think not less then 4K usd. And you should find some people capable. The most difficult thing is to change mechanisms in all doors. More than one day.

Good luck.

PS It is worthy