E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coding adventure

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,
After retrofitting my navigation, cic controller, and newly installed dension gw 500 it was time to get things coded. I've been to two different shops so far and both said they weren't able to communicate with the car not sure if it is my car or the software. I decided to drop it at bmw since the SA gave me a good price so hopefully they are able to code it so i can use my dension . Does anyone know if anything can stop my car from communicating with their machines?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Hey Victor. Did they mention anything specific? It's kind of hard to guess just by what you said. For all you know, they might have said that because they lack the hardware to retrofit CIC.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Hey Victor. Did they mention anything specific? It's kind of hard to guess just by what you said. For all you know, they might have said that because they lack the hardware to retrofit CIC.
Hey simon i wish it was cic, i installed an lci ccc. They weren't too specific with me one said his machine couldn't communicate with my car, and the other said it wasn't letting him get into it. Both said that i should take it to the dealer so i dropped it off today.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by viper1213
Hey simon i wish it was cic, i installed an lci ccc. They weren't too specific with me one said his machine couldn't communicate with my car, and the other said it wasn't letting him get into it. Both said that i should take it to the dealer so i dropped it off today.
Ah. I would probably venture to guess that they didn't have the appropriate hardware then.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ah. I would probably venture to guess that they didn't have the appropriate hardware then.
I took it to the bmw dealer today, they said they had to change the Vehicle Order on the car but the technician was scared it may mess up the car so they didn't do anything. A fellow forum member told me they have to change the VO before they can code it so im going to take it back tomorrow and see if they do it.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Members

I don't know about what the VO things is about but take your car to European Cars Limited. They did mine after I went to several different places. Just make sure you reset it after the install and enjoy.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Did you buy chance purchase the cable & download the software yet? It's def not easy to code it yourself...but it is possible. I'm down to help (tho I am a super novice at best)...

The hardest thing is to have all this crap installed and looking pretty but not have sound/be able to use it bc you don't have it coded. That's my current predicament with my CIC install lol
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

I feel like someone could make a living renting an RV and doing a US tour with some tools and EDIABAS like that Dutch(?) group used to do.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sublime
I feel like someone could make a living renting an RV and doing a US tour with some tools and EDIABAS like that Dutch(?) group used to do.
I dunno man, gas prices is still pretty high, lol.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by predguy
I don't know about what the VO things is about but take your car to European Cars Limited. They did mine after I went to several different places. Just make sure you reset it after the install and enjoy.
i've been to 5 different places like sports car, autohaus,autobarn but i don't think ive been to them how are their rates? Ive pretty much coded everything i wanted to already though now just to get the cic controller working with the lci ccc.

Originally Posted by umichchris
Did you buy chance purchase the cable & download the software yet? It's def not easy to code it yourself...but it is possible. I'm down to help (tho I am a super novice at best)...The hardest thing is to have all this crap installed and looking pretty but not have sound/be able to use it bc you don't have it coded. That's my current predicament with my CIC install lol
As you know Chris i was able to get the cables. I coded everything i want but trust me i feel your pain with the no sound except i can't see the fruits of my labor. My screen is stuck on the navi screen and since my controller isn't working i can't get out of it lol.

Quick Reply: Coding adventure