E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by tonyflow
Blood, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but would you be willing to add some coding goodies to my car (06 535d)? Not sure what can be added via coding, welcome lights would be nice, not sure what else is possible? I would have pm'd, but don't have the option on my phone.
cheers
You can not send pm`s as you don't have enough posts. I can but it depends on what year your car is and what options are fitted.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Members

Blood, it is a 2006 535d sport, with media, prof nav, visibility pack, and cd changer. Not sure what can be coded on this?
Old 12-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonyflow
Blood, it is a 2006 535d sport, with media, prof nav, visibility pack, and cd changer. Not sure what can be coded on this?
If your build month is oct and later then I can do welcome lights, adaptive lights (sport/comfort) setting, cornering lights and if you have folding mirrors I can do comfort folding too.

Pop the bonnet and check the underside there's a plague which states the month it was built.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by BLooD
Pop the bonnet and check the underside there's a plague which states the month it was built.
That's not always there, my car doesn't have that.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:10 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

All this coding sounds great, I would like to do some coding on my own car,

What sort of equipment and software would I need. I going to have a look around the forum for some more info, any help would be greatly appreciated

what sort of stuff can i code on my e60, can't find a build date under the bonnet but its an 04 so would guess late 2003 early 2004.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 AM
Members

It was first registered June 06, so guess it was built previous year, so I presume that limits what can be done?
Old 12-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Contributors

depends on how busy they were at the time, Im guessing an april/may which menas you will not have the LCM 2 (light module)and you need this module, yours will be the first gem LCM so at least no welcome lights but other fucntions are still possable.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:41 AM
Members

Don't wanna waste anyone's time, so are the options that can be coded worth it? Will confirm build month later.... just wondered what could be coded on my model year?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Members

OK - just checked car has BMW Built Jun 06 on the plaque - so I am guessing that means I cant have the extra features enabled on the lights (welcome lights, cornering lights etc) Car has adaptive lights if that makes a difference?

What other nice features can be coded - cant seem to find a list of items that can be (I have used Vag Com in the past to code Audi's and could find guides relatively easily....) Main beam assist would be nice, but guess that is part of the newer LCM...

Not sure if BMW online can be enabled, or if it needs a newer module (have BMW assist and it is currently enabled for the free period)?

Can the coding be changed for me to swap the cd changer for an Ipod kit (seems to be varying opinions on if this would be a straight swap, or need coding by BMW - BMW seem to think it would need coding)? I guess the kerb mirror feature needs memory seats to work?

Thanks for all input - complete newb when it comes to this car....
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Contributors

If you have BMW assist then I can retrofit BMW online no problem. corner lights might work or they might not. I can add a digital speedo to the cluster and I can make the alarm chirp when you unlock/lock.

Kerb function does not and I repeat does not need memory seats, I wish I had a pound for every time I have had to repeat that.

High beam assist needs the extra light sensing camera under the rear view mirror.

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.