E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Sublime
I added $655 to my FA to complete my satellite radio retrofit - worked perfect. But I am getting errors adding $672 (CDC) for my iPod adapter to function = COAPI-1000 or something like that. Does anyone know why, perhaps out of date datum files. Would anyone here be willing to PM me a link to the V40 I hear so much about?

Thanks guys!
Sublime? have you retrofitted the IPOD interface in lue of the cd-changer?, if so then you need to add "+IPOD" to the VO and then code CAPPL with the standard expert profile or add "+IPOD" to the VO and read the trace for CAPPL and set function MP3 to full.

EHSSAN beat me to it yes he is correct, plus you need to add "+KMP3" to the vehicle order as well, adding "+KMP3" is really only needed if you dont have MP3 playback and your car is older than 2006.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

I have $692 (CDC provisions) and I have never had CDC so I bought and installed the BMW iPod kit. I tried adding many variations of +IPOD, +ipod, +Ipod into the VO and still got the error when hitting 'back'. I am also unable to delete anything from the FA list, anyone else have this?

I have full MP3 ability on the CAPPL - so I will try it a few different ways, and I always use the expertprofile because it seems the others just do less. I am thinking now that perhaps I got the MOST cables backwards in the iPod adapter module - I assume this may cause the rejection of $672?

Thank you guys very much for the link - I have a RS account, I am really grateful.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by andy545
Added audible sound when locking/unlocking

CAPPL
ACOUSTIC
activ

Attachment 116856

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CpykM7ODws
I a surprised your car didn't come stock with this feature as it is in the US. I used to have a Mercedes and I wished it would beep on lock/unlock. I did some research and everyone in the MBZ forums said take it to the dealer and ask them to activate 'Netherlands Mode'. I did it and sure enough it beeped. Maybe you have a DE version? I spend a lot of time in germany for work and never hear a single sound when people lock/unlock. In Amsterdam I hear all sorts of exotic noises from cars...much more liberal and reasonable than the Germans.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Contributors

Sublime you shouldn't be adding $672 to the VO thats for the cd -changer, you no longer have a ch-changer, its +IPOD for the IPOD interface that what i have anyway, to delete a FA highlight it in the list and press delete (on keyboard), just make sure you press it once.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Sublime you shouldn't be adding $672 to the VO thats for the cd -changer, you no longer have a ch-changer, its +IPOD for the IPOD interface that what i have anyway, to delete a FA highlight it in the list and press delete (on keyboard), just make sure you press it once.
Since I did not have CDC installed to begin with, shouldn't $672 be there so the car knows to look for the iPod module? I guess I got confused and assumed the MOST interface in the iPod kit spoke the same language as a CDC since the car uses the different disks as different selections on the iPod, like: All Songs, Artists, Albums, Playlists, etc. Am I wrong? I have also tried adding +IPOD and get the same error when I hit back to start the coding. Does the CCC actually say iPod on the source selection when this kit is installed? I have never seen one in action.

I have one more question if you don't mind - I downloaded the V40 and got a strange file called "SP.7z" that I am not sure what to do with. Did I do something wrong? Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

No, that is correct. 7z is a type of file compression, way superior to zip and rar. I haven't used Winzip in a long time, so I don't know if it'll open it, but I know WinRar will for sure. Otherwise just look up 7zip, there should be plenty of freeware that'll decompress the file.

I would suggest just extracting the folder for the models you'll actually use. The file actually extracts to a gigantic size. Each model is about 5 gigs if I remember correctly.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
No, that is correct. 7z is a type of file compression, way superior to zip and rar. I haven't used Winzip in a long time, so I don't know if it'll open it, but I know WinRar will for sure. Otherwise just look up 7zip, there should be plenty of freeware that'll decompress the file.

I would suggest just extracting the folder for the models you'll actually use. The file actually extracts to a gigantic size. Each model is about 5 gigs if I remember correctly.

Thanks a lot!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D
Model Year: 2006

Is there anyone based in the UK, particular South, South-West area that is able to code?
Im only looking for a couple of small changes and will to pay for the works

Ive got the BMW cable myself, but a bit too nervous to do it :/
I have no experience of the software, just some rough guidelines from a few kind people.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Adam1v
Is there anyone based in the UK, particular South, South-West area that is able to code?
Im only looking for a couple of small changes and will to pay for the works

Ive got the BMW cable myself, but a bit too nervous to do it :/
I have no experience of the software, just some rough guidelines from a few kind people.
Im in the south-east, pm me with what you need and we can sort some thing out.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Sublime
Since I did not have CDC installed to begin with, shouldn't $672 be there so the car knows to look for the iPod module? I guess I got confused and assumed the MOST interface in the iPod kit spoke the same language as a CDC since the car uses the different disks as different selections on the iPod, like: All Songs, Artists, Albums, Playlists, etc. Am I wrong? I have also tried adding +IPOD and get the same error when I hit back to start the coding. Does the CCC actually say iPod on the source selection when this kit is installed? I have never seen one in action.

I have one more question if you don't mind - I downloaded the V40 and got a strange file called "SP.7z" that I am not sure what to do with. Did I do something wrong? Thanks again!
You are making the same mistake as I did. When adding $672 you forgot to delete the CDC preparation ($694). With both in the VO you will receive the COAPI -1000 error.
However, I have also bought the Ipod interface and am curious what needs to be added to the VO list. Only +IPOD and that is it?

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.