E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Msport Professional

stylin8o8
My came with this feature, let me know what unit and I will send my trace files for you. Mine is a 06 525i Msport
Old 09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ozi5Msport
stylin8o8
My came with this feature, let me know what unit and I will send my trace files for you. Mine is a 06 525i Msport

Thank you but I have no clue how to code anything, I was maybe hoping someone reading this is from Hawaii and can help me haha!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_o_s_m_i_n
I do have dimming mirrors, but the folding option is not available on my car.
In this case i think... isn't much to do.
Or there is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm_6x4973pQ&feature=player_embedded
Old 12-19-2011, 02:28 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Gents,

I need a bit of help here, as I have tried to enable my M-hud display I change my instrument cluster to M cluster and succesfully coded to the same way as my old one, however since this I'm having a bit of trouble:
- some times my Idrive is not responding the Iwheel is without power and you can turn it left or right without any resistance
- the sound of the speakers is same as the Idrive, sometimes On, sometimes OFF
- can't connect phone any more by BT
- the HUD is not communicate properly as well, when I'm using the Satnav, I can't see any arrows (directions)

I have installed my old instrument panel back, however this did not sorted the problems, they are still same.
To mee it looks like the "car" is still looking for extra modules and not comunicated with the original modules

Now, I have tried DIS and I can't see any more CD changer (not me personaly the software can not see it)and the TCU (MULF) module for BT.

The question is, when I have installed the M5 instrument panel, did the car coded itself for different modules?
I have checked the FA in CAS and LMA and they are exactly same, no differences between them.

If the ignition is ON and the engine is not running it seems to be much better, but once the engine runs, it's happening more often.

thanks for any advice
Old 12-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by madein
Gents,

I need a bit of help here, as I have tried to enable my M-hud display I change my instrument cluster to M cluster and succesfully coded to the same way as my old one, however since this I'm having a bit of trouble:
- some times my Idrive is not responding the Iwheel is without power and you can turn it left or right without any resistance
- the sound of the speakers is same as the Idrive, sometimes On, sometimes OFF
- can't connect phone any more by BT
- the HUD is not communicate properly as well, when I'm using the Satnav, I can't see any arrows (directions)

I have installed my old instrument panel back, however this did not sorted the problems, they are still same.
To mee it looks like the "car" is still looking for extra modules and not comunicated with the original modules

Now, I have tried DIS and I can't see any more CD changer (not me personaly the software can not see it)and the TCU (MULF) module for BT.

The question is, when I have installed the M5 instrument panel, did the car coded itself for different modules?
I have checked the FA in CAS and LMA and they are exactly same, no differences between them.

If the ignition is ON and the engine is not running it seems to be much better, but once the engine runs, it's happening more often.

thanks for any advice
Hi,

all the modules that get irresponsive are on the MOST ring (HUD, CDC, BT, Audio amp, TCU). Speed on HUD is on wired bus, while the nav arrows come over MOST. Maybe you have when switching the instrument cluster accidentally damaged or slightly disconnected one of the optical fibres, so when driving the rattling causes the MOST ring to open. Try to diagnose the ring light level or check the error log for the MOST GW.

Regards,
Straba
Old 12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i SMG Titanium Gray Premiun Package Sports Package Navigation Bloothooth

Originally Posted by BLooD
Sure do Jas, puts the anglel eyes, eyesbrows and interior lights on when you unlock the car.
hey man do you know of any write up or "how to" threat on how to do the welcome lights? i would really like to get the angel eyes and eyebrows on when i unlock the car thanks... or anyone or anywhere in the San Francisco CA area where i can get it done?

got a 04 530i
Old 12-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19

Originally Posted by straba
Hi,

all the modules that get irresponsive are on the MOST ring (HUD, CDC, BT, Audio amp, TCU). Speed on HUD is on wired bus, while the nav arrows come over MOST. Maybe you have when switching the instrument cluster accidentally damaged or slightly disconnected one of the optical fibres, so when driving the rattling causes the MOST ring to open. Try to diagnose the ring light level or check the error log for the MOST GW.

Regards,
Straba
thanks Straba, is what I think as well, need to try......
Old 12-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by madein
thanks Straba, is what I think as well, need to try......
I have played a little with the MOST communication today, using INPA and selecting the MOST bus just to have the units I was aiming to control.

In the Error mode after the read button I have had form 2-7 unit, all depends by the moment I have press the button but most of the time I have had 6.

The name of those unit were different then the Bus topology in WDS, now, I have no idea if this is the fault which I have or if this is normal.
I didn't take the print screen so I can write it down, I'll do it tomorrow.

I have also tried NCS and I was not able communicate with the MULF module only, however another suspicious module is CD Changer which I could not find in the list, maybe just I didn't know what to look? Does someone knows? Means I was able to read all units apart from MULF.

I have also tried to reset all units by recoding them with the Expert profile and empty MAN file and my CAUDI refuse to accept the coding, I have tried different units as HUD, CAS, LMA, CAPPL and all whit success (lost all the coded features) but still not sort the problem out.

Any idea where to look?
Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Members

I have almost forget, the main fault on the system was in MOST Gateway and it was the VDO fault, of course I did not make the print screen
Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by jiovannip
hey man do you know of any write up or "how to" threat on how to do the welcome lights? i would really like to get the angel eyes and eyebrows on when i unlock the car thanks... or anyone or anywhere in the San Francisco CA area where i can get it done?

got a 04 530i
Can't do your's via coding since you don't have LM2.

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.