E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Clear Bra - Anyone disatisfied with the look on blk exteriors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

I'm thinking about getting the clear bra on my car. I gotta believe its noticeable on black exteriors? Anyone have this done yet?

I can't stand my new rock chip, I can feel the chip when I drive, and see it while I daydream. On the other hand I was told that the clear bra looks great on light colored cars and more noticeable on the black.

Furthermore - does anyone have any comments on how high it goes on the hood. I know that the 3m film is pre-cut, how far up over the emblem does it go? 2 inches, 4 inches?

Anyone have pics??
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Heres a pic of clearbra on black... I think most are satisified...

You can barely make it out... its there... look carefully.
Attached Thumbnails Clear Bra - Anyone disatisfied with the look on blk exteriors?-3m_1_.1.jpg  
Old 11-16-2005, 08:03 AM
JDN
Contributors

Can't help you on the black color question, but I imagine that you would prefer the bra to the chips.

My Venture kit is 4 5/8" above the Roundel. Other kits may vary. Custom jobs can be what you want them to be, but the price is usually higher.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

can anyone please tell me a good online shop for clear bra for E60???
I need European delivery.

Also are there different types of bras or just one?

I want the biggest one for the front hood (bonnet). I do not care about the front bumber but the bonet. The paint is so poor quality and soft
Old 11-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Contributors

545smg - check out http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=15972&st=165

CoolTones has a contact in the Bay Area (Invisiguard) and applied the clear bra to his (but he has titanium silver). Give him a call and tell him your from e60.net. His info is in the link and has a pretty good price.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='199009' date='Nov 16 2005, 09:00 AM
Heres a pic of clearbra on black... I think most are satisified...

You can barely make it out... its there... look carefully.

Thanks for the pic - it is hardly noticeable! Car looks great
Old 11-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

Im getting mine installed this Saturday! Will post pixs after the job is done. Definitely need one driving on los angeles freeways, with those f'in trucks dropping little rocks...
Old 11-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by IndianGoneMAD' post='200128' date='Nov 18 2005, 08:00 PM
Im getting mine installed this Saturday! Will post pixs after the job is done. Definitely need one driving on los angeles freeways, with those f'in trucks dropping little rocks...
I maight be old fashoned but I still at your bras...

Your LA freeways are like shopping mall routes compared to Scandinavian winter roads.
We have salt and gravel trucks meaningly dropping tons of small stones on the roads.
We have cars with spike winter tires which are loosing their spikes so that they fly on to your car.

The fact is that one should buy a new windscreen, headlamp glasses (plexis) and paint the front end
of the car every second year.

I love push-ups on my girlfriend but I wouldn't put them on my car
Old 11-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by 545smg' post='198994' date='Nov 16 2005, 11:18 AM
I'm thinking about getting the clear bra on my car. I gotta believe its noticeable on black exteriors? Anyone have this done yet?

I can't stand my new rock chip, I can feel the chip when I drive, and see it while I daydream. On the other hand I was told that the clear bra looks great on light colored cars and more noticeable on the black.

Furthermore - does anyone have any comments on how high it goes on the hood. I know that the 3m film is pre-cut, how far up over the emblem does it go? 2 inches, 4 inches?

Anyone have pics??
Premier is in your area and some Ferrari owners believe they are the best for clear bra installs. They specialize in custom wraps - that is, they use entire sheets instead of the precut one, cut it themselves, and tuck the edges into the panel gaps of your car. In the thread below, one owner said his M3 was $1000. Not sure if you want to spend that much, but might as well check it out.
http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78220

BTW, clear bra looks more noticable when a car looks dirty, so it should be more noticable on black because black is hard to keep clean.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Orient Blue, Auburn Int. Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 , Nav... European Delivery 3/21/05 Redelivery 6/1/05.

I have the 3m clear bra on an Orient Blue that unless you are really looking for it it is hard to see. I have been very satisfied with it. I've had it for 6 months now and I know it has prevented rock chips. Just had to have a windshield replaced after being behind a truck that ran of the road and sprayed rock, etc all over the front of the car. Absolutely no paint damage... only the windshield. Here is a pic. The 3m bra extends about 24" up the hood line. All edges are rounded under as well.Clear Bra - Anyone disatisfied with the look on blk exteriors?-beyern6.jpgClear Bra - Anyone disatisfied with the look on blk exteriors?-beyern1.jpg

Quick Reply: Clear Bra - Anyone disatisfied with the look on blk exteriors?