E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Chrome Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 grey 530i..mods so far are pretty basic stuff- 20% tints, 20" Cattivos, Eibach springs, 8000k xenons (pics to come)

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='635310' date='Jul 29 2008, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately this happens far too often (I've been stopped 4 times in my E60 alone to satisfy someone's "curiosity"). But that's another thread for another day. Let's try to keep this thread on the topic of chrome vs no chrome, wtihout injecting cultural/racial/societal biases into the mix.
Yeah this thread has gotten a little off topic, just the stereotyping and ignorannce can be very annoying.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

man you guys had me rolling a few pages back

well on chrome i like it!!! shoot me!, i have chrome rims (stock)on the e60 right now and i love it

Im sure ill get some 20's for it and ill probably get chrome...so by the talk i hear that makes me Ghetto...AND i do blast some rap music very loud here and there because i like the music

to each his own but putting chrome on your car dont make u a Thug or none of that, I havent been here long but gangsters and Thugs always in the same thread with Chrome lol
Old 07-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 grey 530i..mods so far are pretty basic stuff- 20% tints, 20" Cattivos, Eibach springs, 8000k xenons (pics to come)

Originally Posted by southgate' post='635370' date='Jul 29 2008, 04:07 PM
man you guys had me rolling a few pages back

well on chrome i like it!!! shoot me!, i have chrome rims (stock)on the e60 right now and i love it

Im sure ill get some 20's for it and ill probably get chrome...so by the talk i hear that makes me Ghetto...AND i do blast some rap music very loud here and there because i like the music

to each his own but putting chrome on your car dont make u a Thug or none of that, I havent been here long but gangsters and Thugs always in the same thread with Chrome lol
Thats what I have, 20's chrome and i get complimented at least a couple times a day. When my fiance drives it and im in shotgun guys and gals just stare hardcore (maybe cause a cute little white girl is driving a ghetto BMW). I just started this thread to figure why so many bmw owners hate chrome...and the answer is because it makes you ghetto and a G. I guess im a G now. You will now see me on mtv's next episode G's to Gents.
All i need now is my new gold and diamond grill (for my teeth), a burner (9 mm), a 40 oz (Steel Reserve), and a fat blunt ( dutch master). Oh yeah and the new Lil Weezy CD to cranked up to full volume and im officially a "G".
Old 07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Contributors

This place is turning into e46fanatics. Can we pretend this thread never existed. The E60.net stock price has definitely gone down a notch. Please stop. Close this thread and lets move on. Chrome, no chrome. Whatever.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Get One' post='635020' date='Jul 29 2008, 06:16 PM
It seems that the majority of the people on the forums are opposed to chrome wheels. To each his own but what are some reasons for the no chrome. Ive seen comments like "it'll take the luxury out of the BMW" I dont see how, maybe it'll make it more flashy but c'mon taking away the luxury makes no sense to me. Another one i see often is " CHROME?..ON A BMW?!? NO WAY!" Once again why? I mean what should you put chrome rims on then? a honda civic? In most car magazines I read (and in person) most of the sickest BMWs ive seen have chrome rims. Maybe some of you can help explain your dislike of chrome on BMWs.
I do agree that chrome isnt for everyone and there are plenthy of chrome rims that would/do look silly on BMWs but they would also look just as stupid on most other make/models. But I believe a nice, classy set of chromies make a BMW look beautiful.
I love this topic, a good starter Get One.

It's all about traditions but also (new) culture.
Some of us like the "genuine BMW" but some "pimped".

I'm a genuine OEM BMW guy and I like some chrome details;
In the kidneys, around the side of the windows, tailpipe and some in the rims.

I couldn't say that my M172's aren't chrome, but they are very close to.

A Black (or dark Blue) car with a beige or cream int with some chrome details = high class!

Try to keep the style, whatever your's is...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='635386' date='Jul 29 2008, 01:23 PM
This place is turning into e46fanatics. Can we pretend this thread never existed. The E60.net stock price has definitely gone down a notch. Please stop. Close this thread and lets move on. Chrome, no chrome. Whatever.
Unfortunately that's what happens when you start venturing into more personal realms of communication. Let's not debate the sociology of chrome here. Can we try to discuss aesthetics if needed, but leave cultural biases out? Or, as pole says, close this and move on to more constructive topics. Getting almost as bad as fog light debating
Old 07-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Members

This topic has been dead as far as im concerned. I ve read all the bs i can handle on chrome. CLOSED!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Get One' post='635147' date='Jul 29 2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry guy. Please forgive my lingo. I guess in new england ppl use the word wicked, down south ppl use hot, d.c. area ppl use sick as adjectives to descrive nice things . Please tell me what word would you prefer i use to describe your 60,000 dollar car? "That car is pretty" Is that better to describe your car?
BTW camaros and mustangs w chrome has never or never will make sense to me.
no need to be insulting, jack, I was trying to show you that people have different tastes and sometimes that changes with age.

now go get your shine box
Old 07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I'm going to chrome my teeth.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by silver2000stang' post='635436' date='Jul 29 2008, 05:07 PM
no need to be insulting, jack, I was trying to show you that people have different tastes and sometimes that changes with age.

now go get your shine box
first howd you know my name was jack? and second how is that insulting? Didnt mean for you to catch feelings. I'll hop in my shine box and you hop in your recycled soda can.

Quick Reply: Chrome Wheels