E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Child Seat and Back of Seat protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Auto, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Sport and Premium Packages, HUD

Originally Posted by studavis' post='487663
I guess to start I'll just put a black towel under the car seat...
This is mandatory IMHO. Most car seats I've run into have plastic rails or other hard-edged components underneath, and will leave pressure lines or scratches in the leather if they sit there for long. The towel will prevent this. Put one folded under the car seat, and one behind.

The towel also comes in very handy when eating and drinking is done in the car. This is avoidable if I keep my wife away from my car, but I've lost that battle often enough to know it is still going to happen. The towel will absorb the inevitable spilled juice box and dropped crumbs. Switch it out regularly!
Old 10-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi- Alpine White, Natural Brown Interior, Sport Pack, Premium Pack, Comfort Access, 20 way Multi-contor seats, Navigation, 18" rims, Cold Weather Pack
Thumbs up

where can i get one of them ferrari seats
Old 10-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi- Alpine White, Natural Brown Interior, Sport Pack, Premium Pack, Comfort Access, 20 way Multi-contor seats, Navigation, 18" rims, Cold Weather Pack

nevermind as you can tell im new at this
Old 10-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by ansetou' post='488349' date='Nov 1 2007, 04:45 AM
The customized cover is a great idea but I am not sure if I can get that accomplished easily. Someone from China should make these things for luxury cars. Should be cheap to make and great sales.
I mite just do that.
I will have a look into it. thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vrondados' post='488392' date='Nov 1 2007, 05:59 AM
where can i get one of them ferrari seats
try this for size
http://www.mothercare.com/gp/search/ref=sr...ari&size=12
they will ship to any ware in the world unlike most us shops which never ship out the us???
Old 10-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Westcoast M5' post='487717' date='Oct 30 2007, 12:59 AM
More than the back of the front seats is the actual seat itself. Not having full-sized legs, they rest their feet on the front edge of the back seat or at least step on in getting in and out of their car seat. Plus the car seats and booster seats abraide the leather seats especially with the grit which gets under them from the aforementioned shoes on the seat issue. Then there are the crumbs.......I try to convince my wife that the children will survive 30 minutes in the car without food.......but she is not convinced......and I want to remain married....therefore there are inevitably crumbs and juice box spills.

My solution was to go to an upholstery shop that does custom interiors. I had them make a cover for the lower partion of the back seat out of a vinyl material that is exactly the same colour as the leather. It even has a leather like texture. It is fitted around the bottom and has openings that the seat belts recepticles come through. It fits well because (a) they do custom upholstry for a living and (b) they took the bottom of the back seat out of the car and put it on their bench to make sure they designed and constructed the cover to fit the seat properly. With the car seats on it you don't even notice its there and keep in mind this is just the bottom of the seat so when you look in the car you are primarily looking at the vertical portion of the rear seat, which has no cover.

Pull out the car seats and whip of the cover and the seat is pristine. The car seats and cover go in the trunk, you can pick up a client or whatever anytime. I takes about 1 minute or less to fit it back on and your back to crumb mode.
My God ! You are the master of interior car protection re: Children . This is an awesome install.... I am not worthy.... although my wife has been " trained" to understand that food and drink does not......ever...... enter the car . My little guy even tells me that water is not allowed !!

Cheers
Old 10-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='488516' date='Nov 1 2007, 02:00 PM
My God ! You are the master of interior car protection re: Children . This is an awesome install.... I am not worthy.... although my wife has been " trained" to understand that food and drink does not......ever...... enter the car . My little guy even tells me that water is not allowed !!

Cheers
+1 no matter who itis even my dad I say not eating in any car.
The drive in HK are not that long so we can stop any were to eat if they are hugry.
In UK the drives are abit long so we stop a the petro stations on motorways for a quick snack.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

its almost time for me again, to become a father again, and well the bac of my E60 is in for a load spilt milk, crisps, sweets, drinks again,

i clean my inside atleast once a week, and even then the car is dirted out super hard.

And now im fitting in my new baby chair also, so the back of my car now is for two kids now always.

I have the bmw baby chair, which sits in very perfectly, however i am concerned about the plastic bottom, ripping up my leather seat, is there a way that can be sorted without actually putting down a towel or something, if that is the only thing that can be done, then i will, but is there another way???

Anyone help on this one?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='488558' date='Nov 1 2007, 06:14 PM
its almost time for me again, to become a father again, and well the bac of my E60 is in for a load spilt milk, crisps, sweets, drinks again,

i clean my inside atleast once a week, and even then the car is dirted out super hard.

And now im fitting in my new baby chair also, so the back of my car now is for two kids now always.

I have the bmw baby chair, which sits in very perfectly, however i am concerned about the plastic bottom, ripping up my leather seat, is there a way that can be sorted without actually putting down a towel or something, if that is the only thing that can be done, then i will, but is there another way???

Anyone help on this one?

if you dont what to put it down all the time like me, there is a other way is stick the rubber or tower to the baby seat and then you have a 1 less thing to do, I am planing to do this with my baby seats
Old 11-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2013 M5 - Sakhir Orange / Black Leather.

Originally Posted by ansetou' post='487484' date='Oct 29 2007, 02:27 PM
Ok, I know this is not the coolest topic but it's very practical. I just took redelivery of my 08' 535xi. I have a 18month kid that I have to accommodate. What do you guys use? Is there any BMW specialized car seat? How about the protection for the back of the front seat? My son will mostly likely start kicking it soon. Any idea? Thanks.
I take their shoes off when their in my car. Kinda of a pain, but no scuffs.