E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Cheap M Tech Lookalike Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i White/Dakota leather, sport package, nav,

Has anyone tried this kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-08-BMW-5...#ht_2728wt_1338
Old 02-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

If you're looking for something more affordable than the BMW M-tech kit, you might want to consider the ones from Umnitza. I don't think they sell the entire kit as a package, so you might have to purchase it piece by piece. There are a couple of members here who have it on their cars.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry788103
Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I sport. Sapphire black current mods; limo tint, smoked sidesignals, black/white emblems, RPI scoop, BMI filter, black kidney grill and M5 front bumper installed soon

i just purchased a look a like M5 bumper that is made of the dura-flex material in its fiberglass... well i took it to a dealership to have them paint match and install it (they owe me a favor so it was not to costly), befroe they did anything they test fitted it and they said to take it back... the gaps were larger then a stock bumper made of the ABS plastic and their technician warned of the fiberglass material that is easily cracked, warped or broken...... it is not a good fit and will give a cheap look..... need i say anymore.... i will never put fiberglass on a luxury vehicle... specially a peice that large and important.... mind as well go get a rice rocket if your going to use fiberglass.... the item, also off ebay, looked very similiar to that pic your looking at, not same company, however it did not look like the picture when i picked it up and the sound of fiberglass moving around is very disturbing... better to fork over a little bit more cash... it will save you in the long run.. good luck

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='790849' date='Feb 11 2009, 06:04 PM
If you're looking for something more affordable than the BMW M-tech kit, you might want to consider the ones from Umnitza. I don't think they sell the entire kit as a package, so you might have to purchase it piece by piece. There are a couple of members here who have it on their cars.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry788103
Old 02-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i White/Dakota leather, sport package, nav,

Originally Posted by surf1woody' post='790875' date='Feb 11 2009, 09:32 PM
i just purchased a look a like M5 bumper that is made of the dura-flex material in its fiberglass... well i took it to a dealership to have them paint match and install it (they owe me a favor so it was not to costly), befroe they did anything they test fitted it and they said to take it back... the gaps were larger then a stock bumper made of the ABS plastic and their technician warned of the fiberglass material that is easily cracked, warped or broken...... it is not a good fit and will give a cheap look..... need i say anymore.... i will never put fiberglass on a luxury vehicle... specially a peice that large and important.... mind as well go get a rice rocket if your going to use fiberglass.... the item, also off ebay, looked very similiar to that pic your looking at, not same company, however it did not look like the picture when i picked it up and the sound of fiberglass moving around is very disturbing... better to fork over a little bit more cash... it will save you in the long run.. good luck
Ya figured it was something cheap.. your right just gotta suck it up and get the real mtech kit