E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Changing Run Flats

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 01:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport Carbon Black/Black Leather Media Pack,Visibility Pack,Through Load,Logic 7,Electric Seats,Sun Protection Glass,Maple Wood,Lumbar Adj,Heated Seats,Folding Mirrors

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Feb 16 2005, 08:58 AM
Yesterday my new Goodyear F1 tyres finally came in (more than 1 week to order)
I have 124's 245

Guess what?
I am driving a completely different car now!

At this time i only changed the front tires and I can assure you that it won't take long now to dump the rear goodyear rft's in order to be swapped for F1's as well. The difference is enormous, much much quieter and a whole lot softer on the front side. At first i had the impression that tyre pressure was low on the front because bumps on my daily road were absorped with no noise.
Of course tyre pressure was ok, the front is just comfortable now. The back feels like it's bouncing somewhere behind me with the runflats.

next thing to do is checking out how to fit a spare tyre in the boot of the Touring, since the space back there is not big enough to fit a spare wheel. Especially since the 535 needs 17"at the least because of it's bigger brakes. I prefer a real tyre instead of some pump thing or repair bottle since i don't want to be in the situation i've been in last week. I could simply not drive the car because of the puncture and the lack of a spare wheel.

Any suggestions on a spare tyre that will fit a 535 touring?
[snapback]90740[/snapback]
I think you can just buy a spacesaver from your dealer. I have a 535d Sport which has a spacesaver (part of spec) on so you must be able to buy it.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Feb 16 2005, 08:58 AM
Yesterday my new Goodyear F1 tyres finally came in (more than 1 week to order)
I have 124's 245

Guess what?
I am driving a completely different car now!

At this time i only changed the front tires and I can assure you that it won't take long now to dump the rear goodyear rft's in order to be swapped for F1's as well. The difference is enormous, much much quieter and a whole lot softer on the front side. At first i had the impression that tyre pressure was low on the front because bumps on my daily road were absorped with no noise.
Of course tyre pressure was ok, the front is just comfortable now. The back feels like it's bouncing somewhere behind me with the runflats.

next thing to do is checking out how to fit a spare tyre in the boot of the Touring, since the space back there is not big enough to fit a spare wheel. Especially since the 535 needs 17"at the least because of it's bigger brakes. I prefer a real tyre instead of some pump thing or repair bottle since i don't want to be in the situation i've been in last week. I could simply not drive the car because of the puncture and the lack of a spare wheel.

Any suggestions on a spare tyre that will fit a 535 touring?
As I suspected! This is exactly what I want to do when the tread is low enough! I too have used F1's before and loved them then... they come in the right size 245 & 275

See below for the spare tyre...

Originally Posted by David' date='Feb 16 2005, 10:29 AM
I think you can just buy a spacesaver from your dealer. I have a 535d Sport which? has a spacesaver (part of spec) on so you must be able to buy it.
You can. But the ?70 factory option suddenly turns into ?150
Old 02-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Originally Posted by David' date='Feb 16 2005, 10:29 AM
I think you can just buy a spacesaver from your dealer. I have a 535d Sport which? has a spacesaver (part of spec) on so you must be able to buy it.
You can. But the ?70 factory option suddenly turns into ?150
[snapback]90772[/snapback]
[/quote]

Retail price will not be that much of a problem since i'm kind of in the car business (painting, refinishing) but i doubt weather it will fit in the touring.
Can any of you give me the outer dimensions of the spacesaver + height?
I'd be very thankful.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Of course my previous post has nothing to do with weather

Whoever finds more typing mistakes may keep 'm!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='Feb 16 2005, 01:58 PM
Retail price will not be that much of a problem since i'm kind of in the car business (painting, refinishing) but i doubt weather it will fit in the touring.
Can any of you give me the outer dimensions of the spacesaver + height?
I'd be very thankful.
I'm sure there's room for the spacesaver - the problem is after you've fitted it!!! A 275/35/18 wheel and tyre are quite bulky...