E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Which would you buy if replica was made?
Modified CSL Trunk: lower fin to flow better with body lines
14.58%
Lumma Trunk
39.58%
Ericsson Trunk
45.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Which CF Trunk would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After looking at those pics I think the Lumma is a lot nicer.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Hm... looks like its going to be a close one between Lumma and Ericsson.

Please keep in mind, these will NOT be exact replicas... for obvious reasons... so certain dislikes can be adjusted. ie if the Ericsson is too short, we can make it higher. if it's not wide enough, that can be slightly adjusted as well.

Regardless, an OEM trunk will be used as the base.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

I love this Ericsson Trunk
Old 12-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Contributors

Seriously though guys, can I get 5 people interested in a GB for the Ericsson trunk in CF? No FRP available. Once we get this developed, more will be made, but will be sold at a higher price as an incentive for the first 5 people to jump on this.

I consider you serious IF:
1. You have $300+/- cash to pay as a deposit (this will be about 50% of the final price)
2. You can pay immediately

If this happens:

- I'll buy the OEM trunk
- I'll work with the factory to develop the trunk (Ericsson style first)
- I'll test fit a prototype on my car for fitment and provide photos
- I'll organize payments
- I'll make sure you get your product or make sure you get your money back

If I can get this rolling with the Ericsson style trunk, I'll move on to a Lumma trunk and/or hood.

Hopefully there are a few people that want this as much as I do.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Contributors

Looks like this project is going down the drain.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Melvin, I think you should jump back onto the hood project. Not sure why you wanted to move forward with the trunk first when we have easily over 10 people wanting the hood in the other thread.

I message that Socal vendor a few times, and they still haven't gotten back to me. From the original message I received from them, the latest until the next shipment comes in should be two weeks from now. I guess if somehow you can rein in the project together before or around then (but then it'll be Christmas, busy time for everyone), I would rather be part of it than buying from that vendor. Their lacking enthusiasm for responding to messages has really turned me off.

Obviously this is my guess, but if people were to choose just thing to mod between the hood and trunk, I bet most people would pick the hood.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545I SMG

I think the other issue is your trying to develop a product and have customers put down deposits on something they haven't even seen yet. If you were doing a Lumma Trunk I'd be tempted but at $300 I'd still pass. Just saying.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Melvin, I think you should jump back onto the hood project. Not sure why you wanted to move forward with the trunk first when we have easily over 10 people wanting the hood in the other thread.

I message that Socal vendor a few times, and they still haven't gotten back to me. From the original message I received from them, the latest until the next shipment comes in should be two weeks from now. I guess if somehow you can rein in the project together before or around then (but then it'll be Christmas, busy time for everyone), I would rather be part of it than buying from that vendor. Their lacking enthusiasm for responding to messages has really turned me off.

Obviously this is my guess, but if people were to choose just thing to mod between the hood and trunk, I bet most people would pick the hood.
Indeed. Was probably having one of my ADD moments, but also because I found the OEM trunks first is all.. lol.

Originally Posted by socale39
I think the other issue is your trying to develop a product and have customers put down deposits on something they haven't even seen yet. If you were doing a Lumma Trunk I'd be tempted but at $300 I'd still pass. Just saying.
Actually that may have been a misrepresentation on my part. The manufacturer said we would need to give a 50% down payment but I would only do that AFTER he made a prototype, test fit, and provided photos.

That still doesn't change the fact that money needs to be put down to buy the OEM hood to use as a base to make a protoype, which would still be a few hundred off the bat.

Also, regarding the price, all the 3 series (e9x) guys are paying $600+ for their replica trunks unpainted, I don't see how 5 series guys can't justify a similar price for a trunk that is bigger and for a more expensive car!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Senior Members

how much for the trunk?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545I SMG

redEYEjedi,
No doubt that the trunk would be $600+ and I would have no problem paying that if I knew the fitment and quality was good. I'm just saying it would be hard to put the money forward without knowing. That's all.

Quick Reply: Which CF Trunk would you buy?