E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ceramic brake pads - which brand do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by justoracle
Have you notice any noise/squeek/squeal from this combo, I had R1 Concepts rotors (drilled) and Hawk HPS pads, they looked great but the squeal drove me to go back to zimmerman rotors and OEM pads. Now I have a set of hardly used R1 concept rotors and pads in the garage If you get no squeal and less dust, I'd probably switch the pads to Akebono, cause the brake dust is just unreal with the OEM pads! I went as far as waxing my wheels special wax for wheels can't remember the name.
Yeah, I did a bit of research before I went with the ceramic pads and the consensus was that the ArmourAll Wheel Protectant was the best. I tried it a couple of times, but it only bought me an extra week or two before the wheels started looking like sh** again.

No, no squeeks or squeals from my setup. Like I said, I'm very pleased with my decision to swich to ceramic pads and I'm never looking back. Now my wife's new Pathfinder is starting to show brake dust. Arrrgh!