E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Centre Console Trim Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Morning guys, check out the pics below:

Centre Console Trim Upgrade Question-e60-console.jpg

I'm wanting to ask, is there a way of upgrading the left console to the right one?

I've got hold of an M5 madeira trim, and i want that piece in madeira, but they only made that peice in that trim for the LCI, while now i have every other part, other than the centre bit, and i don't wanna end up leaving my silver one in. I have the interior trim as shown in left pic, with same controls, i.e. Heated seats, parking sensors and DSC buttons.

I can get hold of the LCI trim in Madeira, and the controls along with it, what i'm asking, are the connections the same at all, has anyone tried doing this?

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 02-18-2010, 02:57 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

BenAnd managed to put an LCI control panel into a pre-LCI. That would be the only way to go if you want to use the trim.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by robg520d

Attachment 99360

I'm wanting to ask, is there a way of upgrading the left console to the right one?

I've got hold of an M5 madeira trim, and i want that piece in madeira, but they only made that peice in that trim for the LCI, while now i have every other part, other than the centre bit, and i don't wanna end up leaving my silver one in. I have the interior trim as shown in left pic, with same controls, i.e. Heated seats, parking sensors and DSC buttons.

I can get hold of the LCI trim in Madeira, and the controls along with it, what i'm asking, are the connections the same at all, has anyone tried doing this?

Very interesting, please let us know the update
Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

yeah id like to know too...
Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

I have been wanting to do this for a long time too!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by robg520d

Attachment 99360

you can also get the center console piece in leather (not plastic) from the pre-lci m5. that's what the madeira trimmed cars had. see my pics below or in my gallery...
Old 02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Originally Posted by 545felix
you can also get the center console piece in leather (not plastic) from the pre-lci m5. that's what the madeira trimmed cars had. see my pics below or in my gallery...
I'm gonna pursue trying to convert the controls to LCI, but i have to admit, it was your pics that made me keep the Madeira instead of painting it. I'm putting it in tomorrow morning, had to order some new clips first, which came today, so i'll spend the morning fitting the trim.

I'm gonna try and get hold of some more info on this control panel upgrade, i hope it can be changed, it would look pretty sweet...
Old 02-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Members

Evening guys, got in touch with BenAnd, looks like its a complicated process, as on pre-LCI, the control module for the switches is behind the lower console trim, the switches are attached to the front of it, while in the LCI, this is not the case, the buttons are remote and are wired to a control unit located above the glovebox.

I think this is gonna be a summer project, i'll put it on the back burner for now...
Old 02-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

i would love to have a try or something for some storage in that useless space haha where can i get the part?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by joebaggg
i would love to have a try or something for some storage in that useless space haha where can i get the part?
Managed to track the parts down on ebay, i've been reading up on it and its possible if you don't mind hacking into your control module thats in the centre console of the pre-LCI and extending the switch connections to the new LCI switches, just needs some patience, a big cup of coffee and some good music and ur away...

Quick Reply: Centre Console Trim Upgrade Question