E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Can u guys help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I just got 08 535i and I am just new member of this forum. Surely, I know a lot of peoples already asked these questions.

but I am not that good in this because this is my first time and I don't want to ruin my car.

I am looking for some mods like quad exhaust, ecu, rims, brakes, suspension and exterior mods.

I searched by internet and saw many nice cars in this forum, but there are too many nice things, so I am confusing which one is good.

One of my friend has done with Dinan package. Is that good? or I can get more nice things from other products?

I know my questions are stupid.

So, Can you guys please help me????

PS: I am living in Michigan, so road condition is not that good.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by mpgbang' post='740844' date='Dec 8 2008, 07:33 PM
Hi, I just got 08 535i and I am just new member of this forum. Surely, I know a lot of peoples already asked these questions.

but I am not that good in this because this is my first time and I don't want to ruin my car.

I am looking for some mods like quad exhaust, ecu, rims, brakes, suspension and exterior mods.

I searched by internet and saw many nice cars in this forum, but there are too many nice things, so I am confusing which one is good.

One of my friend has done with Dinan package. Is that good? or I can get more nice things from other products?

I know my questions are stupid.

So, Can you guys please help me????

PS: I am living in Michigan, so road condition is not that good.
to the board, and congratulations on your new 535i

As far as mods go, there are a number of different ones you can go with,
almost no limit, except by $$$.

No questions are stupid ... Dinan is definitely a great package, as it's
warrantied in case something goes wrong. MacFly has quad exhaust
installed on his 535i. I believe it's custom by AAA in California.

With regard to wheels, there's HRE, Enkruez, IFORGED, 360 Forged,
Neez, DPE etc. It all comes down to the style and price you're looking for.

With suspension you can go with Eibach, H&R or Coilovers (KW).

Once you determine what you're looking for, it'll be easier to narrow
down your mods.

There are a number of vendors on this board who can help you,
Trinity (r1racer, Nerweezy), EuroRev, Sonic MS, RPI etc.

Post pics of your car when you get a chance
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

congrats on your new ride!! to the forums!! can't go wrong with Dinan, one of the best mod that you can do to your e60 and with the rims there's a lot to choose from depends on what look you are looking for
Old 12-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Members

Thank you for helping guys. Then can you guys show me some pics?
I don't even know which one should I do first...
I want to make it black out, so let me have an ideas.
Thank you again.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

Maybe you can start with what is priority for you...you interested in performance or looks? That'll help in deciding what your first mod can be...

Possible choice? Some new rims that can aesthetically set you apart from stock e60's and can also add suspension benefits. Might not be the best time for you since inclement weather may be a factor

In any case, welcome to the Forums and enjoy the modding! 'Search' in the top right corner of this page is your friend!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

is your car black?? im not a fan of blacked out, but i like how member Fugs did to his car
Attached Thumbnails Can u guys help me out?-1.jpg   Can u guys help me out?-2.jpg   Can u guys help me out?-3.jpg   Can u guys help me out?-4.jpg   Can u guys help me out?-5.jpg  

Can u guys help me out?-6.jpg   Can u guys help me out?-7.jpg  
Old 12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

well said Frank, you didn't leave us a room to answer his question! j/k
Old 12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Contributors

WElcome! Like a few of the members have mentioned in the posts above, we need some vital information regarding your car and preferences.
Wheels are usually a great mod to start with...if you do not mind shelling out the extra $$$$, check out HRE, Hamman, Hartge, and Ac Schnitzer just to
mention a few. If you want to go with a bodykit such as mtech, just remember you must replace the pdc sensors to the larger pre_lci version, if you have them. Good luck
Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

to the forum and the 535i/TT club . Great place to be if you want to gain knowledge and lose $$$ . +1 for dinan, member fugs went all dinan with his 535i. Info on dinan mods and pics here: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=64462&hl= (pics were posted above).

GL with all your mod selections, as stated before, once you've narrowed it down a bit...the suggestions will come
Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Senior Members

There are plenty of options out there but you should prioritize based on what you are looking to change. For exhausts, I would go with the Eisenmann Quad setup.

Wheels really depends on your budget, we have everything from $899 replicas to $5000 custom forged wheels. Same with suspension, we can do just a spring upgrade or a full adjustable coilover setup.

For brakes, I would do a brembo big brake kit if you are looking for a serious setup.

Feel free to browse our site, www.jlevisw.com, and contact me with any questions

Quick Reply: Can u guys help me out?