E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check my page
http://users.pandora.be/pmmeke/
Old 07-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Jul 5 2005, 02:11 AM
check my page
http://users.pandora.be/pmmeke/
[snapback]145878[/snapback]
Thanks for the pics....I am going to attach them to this post if you don't mind. I think in your pictures the ALU CUBE looks better than it does in some of the other pictures where the camera flash has been used.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Contributors

I can't beleive after all this time nobody else has pictures of the brushed aluminum trim.
Alu cube with black is nice but too obvious for my taste.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sg530' date='Jul 10 2005, 10:36 PM
I can't beleive after all this time nobody else has pictures of the brushed aluminum trim.?
Alu cube with black is nice but too obvious for my taste.
[snapback]147742[/snapback]

Yeah sg530 ....I know. I wish there were more pics of the Feinschliff from various angles and distances, and with different interior colors. I think it's a good thing for you since it looks like you have a rare and unique car. By the way, do you have any other pictures of the various trim panels in different angles and distances , or are the two above the only pics you have?
Old 07-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Contributors

I took many pictures, but only a few were publishable. I culled a few more from the collection. I reduced the resolution to make it load faster. I prefer flash-less pictures but many of them have a slight camera shake because the exposures are over a second. Thius is the only way to capture the colors and reflections. I took flash pictures but the metal turns white if normal to the camera and black if at any angle to the camera axis. I have been busy and only got back today.
Somehow the program posted twice. I am cutting pics from this one and allowing the next to stay.......
Old 07-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mybmwaftertrimdoors.jpg
Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mybmwaftertrim_console.jpg
Notice both doors are in picture in full sunlight. The others were made inside dark garage.
I prefer flash-less pictures but many of them have a slight camera shake because the exposures are over a second. This is the only way to capture the colors and reflections. I took flash pictures but the metal turns white if normal to the camera and black if at any angle to the camera axis.
Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mybmwafter_trim_shade.jpg

I hope these picture help.
Attached Thumbnails Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mybmwafter_trim_inside.jpg  
Old 07-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sg530' date='Jul 16 2005, 11:37 AM
Attachment 9097
Attachment 9094
Notice both doors are in picture in full sunlight. The others were made inside dark garage.
I prefer flash-less pictures but many of them have a slight camera shake because the exposures are over a second. This is the only way to capture the colors and reflections. I took flash pictures but the metal turns white if normal to the camera and black if at any angle to the camera axis.
Attachment 9096

I hope these picture help.
[snapback]149775[/snapback]

Thanks a lot sg530. These definately help. I still have not decieded for sure whether I will get the Feinschliff or the Cube, but I am going to London in August for work and after work is done I will go to Munich for a few days. I am hoping that I will be able to see both the Feinschliff and the Cube in person either in London or in Munich and be able to make a final decision then.

Thanks Again...
Old 07-17-2005, 03:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Here some pics from the M5.

Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mvc_010s.jpg
Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mvc_013s.jpg
Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mvc_011s.jpg
Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?-mvc_014s.jpg
Old 07-17-2005, 07:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sg530' date='Jul 16 2005, 11:35 AM
I took many pictures, but only a few were publishable. I culled a few more from the collection. I reduced the resolution to make it load faster. I prefer flash-less pictures but many of them have a slight camera shake because the exposures are over a second. Thius is the only way to capture the colors and reflections. I took flash pictures but the metal turns white if normal to the camera and black if at any angle to the camera axis. I have been busy and only got back today.
Somehow the program posted twice.? I am cutting pics from this one and allowing the next to stay.......
[snapback]149774[/snapback]
Thanks for taking the time to take these pics - I appreciate how difficult it is to take good shots of car interiors.

How long did it take to re and re the door handle trims? My parts should be going on in early August when I get back to Singapore, so I can't wait.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Contributors

Took aproximately a day to re re trim. If I was less of a perfectionist, the dash trim parts I could have done myself, but the doors require air bag techniques and if it was easy for me to do the dash, it would be easy for them too. This way, they pay for damaged trim which is expensive.

Notice too that the plastic above the console is a good match for the metal trim and there is little need to replace that otherwise cheap plastic due to the color scheme inside my car (grey).

I see from the m5 post that the trim is essentially the same as mine.

Quick Reply: Can some non-US members post pics of Alu Trims?