E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Brutal and Honest Opinion on Some "Other Mods"

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Y'all--please let me know honest thoughts here.

It's hard to find any photos on the net of what a 550 would look like with these Badges added to the car.

Anyways....they cost me nothing and I wanted to know if there was any benefit to adding?

I know the real M5 Badge is off limits but with my Roundels being Black/Silver Carbon Fiber now, my dark tint-M-Tech-Sport Suspension/Aero Kit(08 550), I thought.....Hmmmnnn?

http://www.myhotbmw.com/bmw/Custom/Emblems...M_Emblem/532086
http://www.myhotbmw.com/bmw/Custom/Emblems...s_-_Pair/532123

I'm not going to debadge my "550i".

If I add this emblem/badge it would be to front grill or perhaps next to the rear 550i? I'm thinking it's kinda weak to even consider but thought I'd ask you guys. From searching it looks like people really frown on this type of mod. But then again, I've never seen a picture of any car with it added to give a real perspective.

With the BMW V-8 chrome emblem, I would assume to put it on the upper right/left fender(similar to the older 540i's use to have)?

Give me some input guys!

BTW..the other mods I am doing are:

Trunk Lid Finisher
Trunk Spoiler
Roof Wing Spoiler
Front Euro Lic Plate All Black with White Lettering "E60-550"

So Cal
Old 06-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Contributors

Most people are against adding any type of M embleming because your car isn't a true M-car. You and some others might enjoy it, but most people will think you are just a poser, trying to be something you are not. In my honest opinion, I wouldn't do it, but if it makes you happy to have it, that's all that matters. It's your car!!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by MikeBuzzsaw' post='438267' date='Jun 21 2007, 11:45 AM
Most people are against adding any type of M embleming because your car isn't a true M-car. You and some others might enjoy it, but most people will think you are just a poser, trying to be something you are not. In my honest opinion, I wouldn't do it, but if it makes you happy to have it, that's all that matters. It's your car!!
I agree. Your car will be awesome with the mods you are planning, its great as is too. Less is more !!

Cheers
Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='438270' date='Jun 21 2007, 09:48 AM
Your car will be awesome with the mods you are planning, its great as is too. Less is more !!
+1. i would say keep it simple. but as your car, enjoy it the way you want
Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

I, personally, would probaly not do it, but if your car is a genuine m-sport model it's perfectly legit.
BMW calls it M-sport suspension and M-sport bodykit and the M-sport models, at least over here have the M kickplates in the door sills. So if BMW adds the M emblems to the door sills and the wheels from the factory, why not add another one or two.

If you have an M-sport model, I don't see anything wrong with it. I am obviously not talking about sticking an M5 badge on
Old 06-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Contributors

brutal: add some 24" logos while your at it

honest: what olli said. i don't see anything wrong with just the //M badge but too many folks expect to see a "5" behind it. Just the //M alone has such poser connotations.

like what a few others said, it's your ride.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

IMHO , debadged....... The rest of the attention or the focal point of the car will be on the beautiful mtec bumpers.The curves, and aerodynamic features are more apparent.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 535d M-Sport Individual Deep Green Metallic 19" Style 172 wheels Individual Champagne leather Media Pack Visibility pack Sunroof Privacy glass

If you like, do it!

Who gives a stuff what everyone else thinks!

Bottom line is you can always pull the thing off if you change your mind
Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by Aeroresh' post='438362' date='Jun 21 2007, 01:29 PM
If you like, do it!

Who gives a stuff what everyone else thinks!

Bottom line is you can always pull the thing off if you change your mind

I appreciate the replies fellas! I really do.

If I say "NO" on the M-Badge(Black Silver) would the BMW V-8 Chrome Emblem be alright up near the Front fender light(to the back of it)? It looks cool, but if you guys think it's wack....I'll hold off.

Thoughts?

So Cal
Old 06-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='438365' date='Jun 21 2007, 01:36 PM
I appreciate the replies fellas! I really do.

If I say "NO" on the M-Badge(Black Silver) would the BMW V-8 Chrome Emblem be alright up near the Front fender light(to the back of it)? It looks cool, but if you guys think it's wack....I'll hold off.

Thoughts?

So Cal

you can smoke the 550i like Mikebuzzsaw did. looks awesome!

Quick Reply: Brutal and Honest Opinion on Some "Other Mods"