E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BRITALMAN Engineered Exhaust for e60

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.
Thumbs down

E60.NET Members – are there 19 MORE TRUE DUAL QUAD-TIP LOVERS OUT THERE?

NOTE: I have no relationship or business connection to BRITALMAN… I want to buy a quad-tip system or build a custom exhaust for my 550i with M5 rear apron and have been frustrated with the commercial choices, so I have contacted Mr. Brent Williams at BRITALMAN about an opportunity to custom design, engineer and build true dual exhaust system with quad-tips for the e60. This company builds works of art and perhaps we can get a fine system with options to use the standard e60 rear apron with cutouts- the MTec apron variants out there, or the true M5 rear apron with this type of company working with us.

Here are a few links for information.

[url="http://www.britalman.com/ "] = LINK to home website

[url="http://www.britalman.com/e63exhaust.htm"] = LINK to the 6 series exhaust systems

LINK to a reseller of Britalman Exhausts for the e39 M5 = [url="http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BR-BE39M-EX&Category_Code=&Store_Code=BMI"]

Wouldn’t this be fantastic? the goal is an affordable true dual that delivers. A system designed for our cars and tuned for sound and performance without having to kluge or work-around issues with our spare tire well and battery box… Best of all- if we can find enough “pioneers” we’ll get a great value, and whoever the lucky guy in California is who can have his car used as the test mule will get a free system installed.

Here are some details from Mr. Williams:

“If you can line up a minimum of at least 20 buyers, this is a project we can consider. I also need to know if the undercarriage and rear bumper of the E60 545 is the same as the E60 550i and are all model 550i's the same concerning the exhaust and rear bumper. BMW is notorious for making multiple changes on parts halfway through a production body type…

I can do a rear section or cat-back system, high flow cat(s), front pipe, whatever. It would not cost much more for cat-back, I recommend we could try that if we proceed with a project. Anything front of the cat or replacing cats will probably throw check light (SES) and I doubt you guys want to deal with that or a possible limp mode issue.

We would also need a loaner car to do the mock up. Whoever donates their car would get a free production system installed at the end. I will need the car several times for measuring, mockup, testing, and final fitment. Normally I need the car 3-4 times over the course of the project. The longest being about a week.

We do not reimburse for rental cars nor offer any loaner cars. We do return the car with a full tank of gas and we wash up the car upon returning it each time. I care for the loaner car as it were my own.

The entire project will take at least 3 months and up to 5 months. This includes mock up, testing, production, and finally delivery (shipping) to customers. Depending on our schedule, we may or may not have an immediate slot to start on this project.

All our systems are made here in So. Cal. and are made with 304 stainless steel and is fully high polished, with laser engraved logos on the tips. Normally we MIG weld, however we can offer TIG welding but the cost will go up per system. I can quote on this also. The only difference is the TIG looks more pretty. Our MIG is pretty clean, esp. compared to another European brand I will not name. Best of all we offer a lifetime warranty, which I have not seen offered by any other exhaust brand. If there is a problem, you deal with me here in California, rather than trying to warranty with a middle man vendor.

Regards, Brent Williams @ Britalman
Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.
Thumbs up

Really guys? No interest whatsoever?

Any feedback appreciated.

Originally Posted by TAJARO' post='533092' date='Feb 19 2008, 10:22 AM
E60.NET Members ? are there 19 MORE TRUE DUAL QUAD-TIP LOVERS OUT THERE?

NOTE: I have no relationship or business connection to BRITALMAN? I want to buy a quad-tip system or build a custom exhaust for my 550i with M5 rear apron and have been frustrated with the commercial choices, so I have contacted Mr. Brent Williams at BRITALMAN about an opportunity to custom design, engineer and build true dual exhaust system with quad-tips for the e60. This company builds works of art and perhaps we can get a fine system with options to use the standard e60 rear apron with cutouts- the MTec apron variants out there, or the true M5 rear apron with this type of company working with us.

Here are a few links for information.

[url="http://www.britalman.com/ "] = LINK to home website

[url="http://www.britalman.com/e63exhaust.htm"] = LINK to the 6 series exhaust systems

LINK to a reseller of Britalman Exhausts for the e39 M5 = [url="http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BR-BE39M-EX&Category_Code=&Store_Code=BMI"]

Wouldn?t this be fantastic? the goal is an affordable true dual that delivers. A system designed for our cars and tuned for sound and performance without having to kluge or work-around issues with our spare tire well and battery box? Best of all- if we can find enough ?pioneers? we?ll get a great value, and whoever the lucky guy in California is who can have his car used as the test mule will get a free system installed.

Here are some details from Mr. Williams:

?If you can line up a minimum of at least 20 buyers, this is a project we can consider. I also need to know if the undercarriage and rear bumper of the E60 545 is the same as the E60 550i and are all model 550i's the same concerning the exhaust and rear bumper. BMW is notorious for making multiple changes on parts halfway through a production body type?

I can do a rear section or cat-back system, high flow cat(s), front pipe, whatever. It would not cost much more for cat-back, I recommend we could try that if we proceed with a project. Anything front of the cat or replacing cats will probably throw check light (SES) and I doubt you guys want to deal with that or a possible limp mode issue.

We would also need a loaner car to do the mock up. Whoever donates their car would get a free production system installed at the end. I will need the car several times for measuring, mockup, testing, and final fitment. Normally I need the car 3-4 times over the course of the project. The longest being about a week.

We do not reimburse for rental cars nor offer any loaner cars. We do return the car with a full tank of gas and we wash up the car upon returning it each time. I care for the loaner car as it were my own.

The entire project will take at least 3 months and up to 5 months. This includes mock up, testing, production, and finally delivery (shipping) to customers. Depending on our schedule, we may or may not have an immediate slot to start on this project.

All our systems are made here in So. Cal. and are made with 304 stainless steel and is fully high polished, with laser engraved logos on the tips. Normally we MIG weld, however we can offer TIG welding but the cost will go up per system. I can quote on this also. The only difference is the TIG looks more pretty. Our MIG is pretty clean, esp. compared to another European brand I will not name. Best of all we offer a lifetime warranty, which I have not seen offered by any other exhaust brand. If there is a problem, you deal with me here in California, rather than trying to warranty with a middle man vendor.

Regards, Brent Williams @ Britalman
Old 02-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

I'm interested to be the beta tester, but I don't think we will be able to get 20 people interested to get this project off the ground. Do they have a rough estimate how much the exhaust will retail for when it's done?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='536852' date='Feb 27 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm interested to be the beta tester, but I don't think we will be able to get 20 people interested to get this project off the ground. Do they have a rough estimate how much the exhaust will retail for when it's done?

I think the cat back would probably be a competitive list (say $1999 or less) but nobody pays list and the example of his other system he showed me was being offered for $1599 with the same list. He said the early group would get a good discount. That was cat-back. Just the rear mufflers of his 650i system on his site (see teh website listed) was $1399 I think. This really looks like great quality and designed specifically for us and our cars.

Thanks for your reply- You're a lucky dog if you can be the free guy! Let's just see what we can get together. Maybe 10 would do it as a start- I just don't know.

Cheers from cold PA.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Sounds good, keep me updated.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Members

keep us posted. i am local too.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i steptronic Silver Gray on Black, fully loaded, smoked rear lights, colored roundels, B&B exhaust, K&N airfilter, 20" Beyern Mesh Black powder coat, umnitza blue angel eyes.

wanted to try and fit the e63 britalman exhaust on my 5 but a system made specificly sounds much better. let me know, is there a price quote for all this work?
Old 02-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

WOuld be interested if can get an estimate price , plus/minus