E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Breyton Wheels - Need Help Choosing

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 530i

After seeing cagthuzz's car, wow... definately get the GTS's
Old 08-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)
Question

Without hesitation or doubt- breyton Racer GTS- 19" or 20". 20" looks most impressive. Very very hot look. All stare like crazy at polepositions as I have been there to wittness. Young and old.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 525D M Sport

Originally Posted by liq2' post='648624' date='Aug 17 2008, 06:11 PM
If I don't get spacers will they rub?

Again worried about sacrificing ride quality for looks, that's the only thing holding me back.
No spacers would be fine, I just put spacers on to fill the arches better! I just went too wide to start with. I've got 10mm on the front and had 18mm on the back, I've now reduced that to 12mm at the back and it's perfect.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Members

I just got an '07 525i with stock 17" wheels and I too was looking at the GTS or CS for replacements. My car is Monaco Blue so I think I'd have to go with the silver look, agree? I really wish I could see the CS on an E60 before I make my final judgment, unfortunately I'm having trouble finding such a picture.

I've never bought aftermarket wheels before. Apparently these come in different widths (8.5 and 10.) Ive heard the word 'staggered' thrown around a bit, I'm going to guess that means you put the 10's in the rear and the 8.5's in the front. Is there any benefit from this other than the aesthetics of having wider tires in the back?

I've also heard the term 'offset' but I have no idea what this is referring to. Offset to what exactly?

Finally, I'm debating 19's vs 20's as well. I want a clean look but I don't want to sacrifice how my car rides. After all, anything is better than the OEM 17's I have on right now. I'm not exactly sure what these spacers are but I have a feeling its the opposite of lowering your car so the wheel well doesn't rub on the 20" tires. It seems like the choice of tire also plays a big role of will they rub or not. Overall, it seems that 20's would look nicer, but I'm not sure if the incremental gain in going with 20's over 19's is worth the hassle of making sure they don't rub.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

You should also check out the breyton Race GT.
I have been thinking of it for quit a while, still like them a lot!

I haven't seen them on a E60 or E63.
So, be unique!!

Her is on a Z4
Breyton Wheels - Need Help Choosing-img_1889.jpg

They actually make the wheel look bigger!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SiegeX' post='664482' date='Sep 8 2008, 03:54 AM
I just got an '07 525i with stock 17" wheels and I too was looking at the GTS or CS for replacements. My car is Monaco Blue so I think I'd have to go with the silver look, agree? I really wish I could see the CS on an E60 before I make my final judgment, unfortunately I'm having trouble finding such a picture.

I've never bought aftermarket wheels before. Apparently these come in different widths (8.5 and 10.) Ive heard the word 'staggered' thrown around a bit, I'm going to guess that means you put the 10's in the rear and the 8.5's in the front. Is there any benefit from this other than the aesthetics of having wider tires in the back?

I've also heard the term 'offset' but I have no idea what this is referring to. Offset to what exactly?

Finally, I'm debating 19's vs 20's as well. I want a clean look but I don't want to sacrifice how my car rides. After all, anything is better than the OEM 17's I have on right now. I'm not exactly sure what these spacers are but I have a feeling its the opposite of lowering your car so the wheel well doesn't rub on the 20" tires. It seems like the choice of tire also plays a big role of will they rub or not. Overall, it seems that 20's would look nicer, but I'm not sure if the incremental gain in going with 20's over 19's is worth the hassle of making sure they don't rub.

Updating an old thread after a search...

Can anyone answer his questions?
I am looking at the race gts's. Im on 18s now, debating 19 or 20. I think the 20 will look nice, but I dont want any issues with ride or fitment like rubbing or bending rims. I also didn't want a big wheel with a small oem rotor look and new rotors are not in the budget.

A quick primer on offset and spacers?

What about staggering, how would that affect the car? I see that the 20's come in a 10" rear, 19s are 9.5". That is larger than stock, how would that affect the car and what would I have to do ti accomadate that?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by 594ups' post='884045' date='May 20 2009, 07:05 AM
Updating an old thread after a search...

Can anyone answer his questions?
I am looking at the race gts's. Im on 18s now, debating 19 or 20. I think the 20 will look nice, but I dont want any issues with ride or fitment like rubbing or bending rims. I also didn't want a big wheel with a small oem rotor look and new rotors are not in the budget.

A quick primer on offset and spacers?

What about staggering, how would that affect the car? I see that the 20's come in a 10" rear, 19s are 9.5". That is larger than stock, how would that affect the car and what would I have to do ti accomadate that?
You just need spacers. Shouldn't be a problem
Old 05-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Members

My Ride: V

My first choice last year was the GTS but Tirerack was sold out of the 9.5 wide rears.. so I settled for the CS. I am pretty happy with them, depends on the day.. sometimes I walk out and I'm stunned how good they look, while other days they are just meh. As for keepin them clean, its not tooo bad. I usually wipe down the lip every couple days and it really makes the wheels pop even if the spokes are filthy (almost like a different color wheel with enough brake dust). With the GTS you need to worry about curbing a spoke, but with the CS you only worry about rubbin the outside edge of the lip (which I did one week before putting my snow shoes on! )

Here are the in 19s with the stock sport

Breyton Wheels - Need Help Choosing-cs.jpg
Breyton Wheels - Need Help Choosing-cs2.jpg