E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Breyton replica front spoiler...who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey MyNew5, any news about the replica? I am really wondering how much this replica will cost me and when they could be ready. Please let me know something.

As an additional note about the M front spoiler, BMW will offer an M-Pack for the regular E60 around September, so please hurry up with the Breyton replica's.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:43 PM
JWO
Members

MyNew5...so what't the word on the replica? I think we have a lot of owners interested and waiting for a reply from you. Please let us know soon!
Old 04-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Guest_mynew5-fka-t4t3hybrid

sup all. thanx for the interest. i will let my source know that there is much interest for this. thank you and i shall post updates as info becomes available to me. thank you kindly. mike chen

visit me at: http://rimsandtires.tripod.com
Old 04-25-2004, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

I would rathe get the real thing as well
Old 04-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tdocz' date='Apr 25 2004, 11:06 AM
I would rathe get the real thing as well
ummm...ok, so go get it. this thread is to gauge interest for a replica for those of us who doesn't want to spend close to $1000 USD for a add-on half spoiler. if you've got that kinda cash to burn, more power to ya.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Apr 21 2004, 02:22 PM
I'm interested, depends on the price though. How about a replica M5 front spoiler?
that probably won't be out for a while considering the M5 is not even on US soil yet...
Old 04-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

mynew5, any estimate on when you would get and have this replica ready. I am ready to get a replica if the price and quality is right! btw, did I already said that I want it yesterday?
Old 04-25-2004, 08:40 PM
HONEST GUEST

hey guys.... I dont kno where this replica idea is coming from and where do ppl get the info sayin that the real deal will be over 1000 US... I have got the RETAIL pricing for the Breyton add-on from their North America distributor and it is around $800 for the piece... also consider that this is the RETAIL pricing and most of the tuning shops usually sell the parts at around 10-15% less than the retail pricing... so that will make it around 700 a piece for the real thing. I dont think this is a bad price at all consider that the AC Schnitzer piece is high at the 900 range. Also the real deal is made of PU-Rim which is tbe best material for bodykit. You have a 50 thousand dollar car so why go cheap on upgrading it.... especially when it is only costing you a very small fraction of the actual car price.... also I have had a long history of experience on these REPLICA bodykit.... most of them claim that they are the exact same fit / material as the original when 99.9% of the time they are just crappy fiberglass with horrible fit that end up costing you way more to just fit them right on your car....I am not trying to flame anyone here.... its just tat I will never use any replica pieces on a high-class Elegant European Sedan...... just my 2 cents.... peace
Old 04-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Senior Members

honest guest!

couldn't agree more

jonboy
Old 04-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Contributors

Agree, front spoilers/bumpers from the top tuners can be had for under a thousand. If I were to consider a replica, the price would have to very inviting.

About materials, I'd be comfortable with ABS plastic or polyurethane, but would steer clear of fiberglass. Fiberglass may be fine for side skirts or a rear bumper, but would definately invite chips and other sorts of damage in a front spoiler.

Quick Reply: Breyton replica front spoiler...who's in?